If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
sawfoot1
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

BB Link and BB Desktop conflict

Having a Bold 9700 and Playbook i have always used BB Desktop. and still need them.

Now  I have a Z10, i have BB Link on the same computer.

But when youconnect the USB, the Desktop software always starts and says Z10 is not supported. the Link does not start automatically - which seems to make Z10 connection to the BB Link dificult to get recognised..

What am i not doing - as the USB drivers seem to mix each other up and have problems with the Z10 map onto Z and Y drives.

Any thoughs appreciated. Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: BB Link and BB Desktop conflict

Hello,

The BB10 device uses only Link. Prior devices use only the Desktop Software. They are not interchangeable.

I've not seen the conflicts you are reporting, but I also am now solely using a Z10. But, I did have both installed to my PC at the same time, and had no problems (as long as I lived within the above compatibility restrictions). Perhaps if you shut off the auto-run of either, then you will be able to more finely control the mixed-device environment that you have.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.