Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
walt63
My Device: Z10

Re: BB Link not linking to Win Media Player or iTunes

sdgardne wrote:
It's not...but the correlation is also irrelevant.

What is relevant is the contractually required support model. By signing up to be BB-providing carriers, they further take 100% of the front line support responsibility for their end users -- for everything, including what you are reporting. Hence, what they told you via the Twitter account is correct...you need to seek support via the formal channel, which starts with your carrier, who can escalate you up to BlackBerry in a formal manner. That is how it works...and all parties (BlackBerry, the carriers, and even the end users) are contractually bound to that model, even for this issue.

I know that it sounds counter-intuitive...but it is nevertheless contractually required. There are plenty of other threads that have (for years!!) discussed the merits and de-merits of this support model...but those discussions also are not relevant...for the contracts are what dictate the required process...nothing else matters.

Okay...I get it. Thanks for elaborating. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdawaters
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

Time to sell up the Z10 and Playbook and go with a more established brand that works!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
walt63

[ Edited ]

cdawaters wrote:

Time to sell up the Z10 and Playbook and go with a more established brand that works!

I wouldn't jump ship so fast. Every platform goes through issues of this sort when new to the market.  Let the air clear and lets see if a few updates will do the job as I'm sure it will. Well...at least we can all hope.

Please use plain text.
Developer
Ronl_2k12
My Device: Blackberry Bold 9900, Blackberry DevAlpha, Playbook

Hey, i hopefully found the soultion, turns out it maybe an itunes problem. If it is, its a really Easy to Fix though

1: (With Link open or closed) Exit Itunes
2:make sure itunes inst minimized to the task bar.
3: Go to Control Panel > Programs
4: Click on i tunes & then hit Repair

Once its done repairing you can return to BB Link and sync your music.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ajmalcom
My Device: Not Specified

Actually I have installed iTunes on another PC with a library of selected music and Link seems to work. I have a library of over 140K songs, hundreds of movies and thousands of TV episodes in iTunes. Most of the music software has been unable to handle that amount. iTunes is beginning to struggle with it. There are limits with SONOS software of 65K songs so I have just created a new directory to the arists I want to hear. Link seems to have a similar issue and crashes at about 90K songs, when it does attempt to index the iTunes library.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kooky
My Device: Not Specified

Thanks for the suggestion however it has not resolved the issue.   I still see an empty music library in Blackberry link with a message "Blackberry Link wasn't able to load your music library".

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
fwd55

You got my hopes up, but that didn't work. The best work around I've found so far is WMPs 'randomly fill my media device (micro SD in laptops card slot) with tunes from my library' option.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cdawaters
My Device: Z10 & Playbook

The best solution I found was to just copy and paste music into the music folder on my SD card or direct onto the Z10 memory. My laptop screen broke so I have aquired a new laptop with Windows 8 and suprise, BB Link works fine (for now). I've avoided updating the software just in the event it fails me again. Plus I didnt see any difference with the software upgrade.

Please use plain text.
Will5890

I have windows 8 - that isn't it. 

I was wondering - i have my itunes folder in a non-default location - I have mine on my D drive as my primary drive is a small solid-state drive. Anyone else have the same issue?

My current solution is to use a 64GB card - on another thread, there is some info on using 64GB cards. It may not work with all 64GB cards - you insert the card into the phone, and using settings, you can reformat it. Once reformatted, the Z10 should recognize all 64GB. You can get a lot more of your music on it that way. Still no playlists though.

Please use plain text.