Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
jxkshan
My Device: z10

BB Link software won't sync z10 photos and files to computer

here is my issue,

Z10= STL100-3

BB Link = 1.1.1.26

I have updated to the new OS on my Z10.  I have also downloaded and re-downloaded the new BB Link software. the issue is when i try to sync my pictures, videos and music, it shows that it is doing it but after a few minutes wait, nothing has been synced.

I see a little icon down at the bottom telling me that a software update is available for the phone but as i already have the latest software i don't want to upgrade it again.

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so, any solutions or workarounds?

Thanks.

Please use plain text.
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: BB Link software won't sync z10 photos and files to computer

Hello jxkshan,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Thank you for your question regarding the issue you are experiencing with synchronizing media to and from your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone using BlackBerry Link.

Does the device display with the PIN as connected on the bottom? Has this worked for you in the past? Did the issue occur after completing the update you mentioned? 

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jxkshan
My Device: z10

Hi thanks for the response.

Yes when connected to the PC the PIN comes up in the bottom of the screen. It then loads up.  I can see the content from the phone and also the content on the pc side but when i try to drag over the photo or music file the wheel will spin round and round for a minute or two, and say preparing to sync but it never does.

The BB link said that I needed to update my OS on the z10 (i already had installed it however) but I thought maybe it will help the situation so I re-installed the new OS again.  There was no improvement.

Yes it did work in the past, when i first got it and it actually showed how much free memory i had left on the phone then, now it doesn't show that, it only shows 0. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davibalc
My Device: 9900

I am having the exact same problem with my new Z10. Worked fine after initial set up four weeks ago...now - nothing syncs when connected. Says ERROR. The above explanation matches my situation. HELP!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lisels
My Device: Z-10

I am having the same troubles. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software,. I have rebooted both my PC and phone. I also only got this phone back last week when it crashed and went in for repairs which took 5 weeks to get back I might add :smileysad:   It tells me that everything has been installed correctly but I am unable to get any of my photos from the last few days onto my computer. SO disappointed. I hated using the Android 2 loaner phone, but at least it downloaded my pics. Grrr. Help Help PLEASE.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pannonia
My Device: Z10

Same issues here as described above. Installed, uninstalled and reinstalled BBLink with no avail. "preparing to sync", but nothing syncs! It also show 0 free memory on the device! I do have pictures on the phone itself that I can't transfer over to the computer as it's says that I have no pictures on the device. The little update icon pops up, but I have the latest system on the phone so I'm thinking that it's not the phone but rather the actual software! So frustrating as I see this complaint all over the place but no answers or solutions!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
morganjrandall
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

I'm having the same issue with my Mac and BB Link. So far there doesn't seem to be any solution. I have contacted BB via their twitter help account, but haven't heard back in nearly a week. 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Pannonia
My Device: Z10

I have contacted them as well via tweeter with no avail! I honestly think they just looking to get more followers rather than provide help for users! In any case I worked around a bit and find iTunes Sync on BBWorld for $2.99. This software allows you to sync iTunes music library with the phone! It worked perfectly, but you have to make sure that your Mac is 2010 or younger! I hope that helps a bit.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
morganjrandall
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Sigh. Unfortunately that wont solve my issue - my MacBook is from late 2008. :smileysad: 

Thanks for sharing though, I know others were having the same issue and it might help them. 

Please use plain text.
torosuizo
My Device: Blackberry Z10

Dears, I have the same issue (only with the pictures) after syncronised many times the pictures with my PC. Moreover I have syncronised a BB Z30 and worked out however my old Z10 does not sync the pics any more.

Is this issue already solbed by BB?

Many thanks

Please use plain text.