Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
selwyn123
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: 7184960500

Re: BB Link will not connect to Z10 via USB

Im so confused i followed your instructions - still  nothing - its like Link will not recognize my Z10 at all....its not even any options to click on z10 - any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
tayaout
My Device: Blacberry Torch 9800 + Z10
My Carrier: Telus

[ Edited ]

Had the same problem last Saturday.

Phoned Bell, who transferred me to BB level 1 then level 2 technician.

Incredible how hidden are the drivers on their website.

You had to Google search for USB drivers for Blackberry...

http://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/browseSoftware.do

Cannot remember the whole process but after installing the driver and rebooting, Blackberry link was finally working!

Overall, it took me 5 frustrating hours to get this working on a brand new PC, operating Windows 7 pro.

Tough love, this phone seems terrific. But hurry and fix this bug!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
selwyn123
My Device: Z 10
My Carrier: 7184960500

Thanks mate - but the link takes to a page that gives me an erorr   - if i search it in google it take sme to bb page but no option for z10 - im having endless problems witht his phone

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
A1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers, Wind

In my case the device was not even shown in Device Manager or My Computer (even though there was a sound notification everytime I plugged in the device). I followed this simple step and the problem was resolved:

[On the device] Go to Settings/ Storage and Access / set USB Connection to "Connect to Windows"

This trick may work for Mac too, just manualy set it to "Connect to Mac". It seems that the Autodetect sometimes does not work.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
PaulTSF
My Carrier: Verizon

Try doing anything with the Mac version of Link.  If you think the Windows version sucks, forget trying the Mac version.  Maybe it works with the computer they developed it on, but it has NEVER worked with any of my Mac computers.  Even the version for my Bold sucked.  Their expert tip for making it work before was to kill the BES connection, use the software, then reconnect to the BES.  I guess since all software is basically beta now, the word kluge is no longer used?  Kluge:  (1) A clumsy or inelegant solution to a problem, see e.g. Blackberry Link.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
awlfm
My Device: Strom 9520
My Carrier: Celcom

omg somany  problem me also cannot connect to window

Please use plain text.
lola80s
My Carrier: dunno

Thanks! It worked out! Best solution.

In the device manager there is Blackberry device and there is also Blackberry in Network Devices. I had to uninstall Blackberry Device in Network devices option, so as to work out. Sorry if I am not being very clear but I am not familiar with those "PC" terms.

Please use plain text.
Aemilius
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy

It could also be a Windows 7 issue like this: Peer to Peer network error 0x80070035 the network path was not found.

The solution, step by step:

Starting from: Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections select the Network adapter you have active.

Right Click on Properties

Ensure you have a Client for Microsoft Networks as one of the listed properties.

If not add it which you might need to disable the adapter and then re-enable it.

It worked for me after having tried EVERYTHING. Now I can see my Q10 as a network drive.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
WillyA
My Carrier: 5198863279

Still does not work. Works fine with desktop at home but not on business laptop where I need it. Now cannot find any driver. Message on Z10 says it is connected-but link says it cannot communicate with Z10 and no drive access. It is obviously a driver problem with Windows 8 but cannot find any updated drivers on blackberry site. I don't think it is the Z10 but a problem with the Z10 driver and WIndows 8.
Please use plain text.
Developer
leninvengai
My Device: BB 10
My Carrier: All Carriers

It is working for me with USB connection, please find that you have installed Link to your desktop correctly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit Like if this post found useful
Please use plain text.