Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Developer
Zingam
My Device: Playbook, Z10 LE

Re: BB Link will not connect to Z10 via USB

Clean re-installation of Windows fixed for me a similar issue with the playbook.

tinawalt
My Device: Blackberry Z10

So I have BB Link installed on my Win7/64 box.  Although Windows does recognize the device and the icon comes up in the windows tray, my BB LInk still complained that it could not connect to device, same problem everyone here is having.  This is what I found.

Go to: My Computer - right click and choose Manage

goto Device Manager

under Device Manager you will see: BlackBerry

- make sure you update the driver (you have to be connected to the internet)

under Device Manager you will see: RIM Network adapters

- this is the BlackBerry network adapter; update the driver here as well (again, you must be connected to the internet)

Once I had updated both sets of drivers my BB Link connected with NO issue.  I was able to sync my device including calendar and contacts from Outlook.

Hope this helps folks,

--Tina

Visitor
kkansagra
My Device: Z10

Same issue with new Z10. Gone through every tricks from the various posts. Using Link on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit. Device is geting detected but Link gives error message 'Not communicating with device Reconnect / Reload.

Contributor
jamiekcho
My Device: blackberry q10

Don't know if this helps anyone, but I had the same problem with BB Link and a Q10 and what I did to fix it was:

1) Crtl+alt+del and close all process linked to blackberry (make sure your phone is still plugged in)

2) Open Devices and Printers - here I found my Q10 under unspecified

3) Right click and troubleshoot

This leads to reinstalling the driver and it worked for me. I'm not a computer whizz so I might not be able to answer many questions but I'll give it a shot.

All the best!

EarlessDog
My Device: z10

I was having a similar problem last night.  My BB Z10 wouldn't sync contacts over USB, it would just hang.  I closed BB link then opened My Computer and disconnected the the drives associated with the Z10, then reopened BB Link.  No problem syncing after that.  I think it just doesn't want to work when the device is also installed as a drive (or two).  
     Prior to that I'd had a problem communicating with the Z10 altogether, it knew the phone was there, but couldn't do back-ups or anything.  I uninstalled BB Link, turned off any antivirus, and reinstalled it.  No problem after that.
     I don't think the folks at BlackBerry are a bunch of jerks or the product is shoddy; it's just hard to anticipate every little software conflict every BB owner might encounter.
     By the way, I ran into this post trying to figure out of Device Manager is still a necessary part of BB Link, or is it just leftover on my computer from the Desktop Manager days.  Anyone know...?
Oh, and I'm running Windows 7, Outlook 2010, BB Link v1.2.3.23, and BB OS 10.2.1.2947.

New Contributor
IrfanAkhtar
My Device: BlackBerry Z 10

Thanks lola80s,

That really worked for me. I am as happy as anything :smileyhappy:

Thanks again

New Contributor
Hamphisted
My Device: Z10

Hi Guys. I was having similar problems. I had changed my lap top and installed BB Link onto new PC to find that it recognised my Z10 but would not connect. Just tried the following:

1 Dissconnected Z10 from PC.

2 Disconnected Firewall temporarily (McAfee).

3 Go to Control Pannel.

4 Opened Programes & Features.

5 Highlighted BB Link and pressed change/uninstall.

6 Gave me the option to "Repair" or "Uninstall". I pressed "Repair".

7 Once complete opened BB Link, then connected Z10 and hey presto, it connected!!

I think it was the Virus/Firewall protection which cocked up the installation in the first instance.

I hope this may help others.

Thanks for all the suggestions above.