12-05-2013 09:03 PM
So I have BB Link installed on my Win7/64 box. Although Windows does recognize the device and the icon comes up in the windows tray, my BB LInk still complained that it could not connect to device, same problem everyone here is having. This is what I found.
Go to: My Computer - right click and choose Manage
goto Device Manager
under Device Manager you will see: BlackBerry
- make sure you update the driver (you have to be connected to the internet)
under Device Manager you will see: RIM Network adapters
- this is the BlackBerry network adapter; update the driver here as well (again, you must be connected to the internet)
Once I had updated both sets of drivers my BB Link connected with NO issue. I was able to sync my device including calendar and contacts from Outlook.
Hope this helps folks,
12-07-2013 05:59 AM
Same issue with new Z10. Gone through every tricks from the various posts. Using Link on Windows Server 2008 R2 64bit. Device is geting detected but Link gives error message 'Not communicating with device Reconnect / Reload.
3 weeks ago
Don't know if this helps anyone, but I had the same problem with BB Link and a Q10 and what I did to fix it was:
1) Crtl+alt+del and close all process linked to blackberry (make sure your phone is still plugged in)
2) Open Devices and Printers - here I found my Q10 under unspecified
3) Right click and troubleshoot
This leads to reinstalling the driver and it worked for me. I'm not a computer whizz so I might not be able to answer many questions but I'll give it a shot.
All the best!