If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
d3rd
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

BB Link will not connect to Z10 via USB

Really annoying...

When I plug in the Z10, it is recognized by both the Z10 (I get the device connected message on the phone) and is also recognized by the computer (win 7/64)  - device manager indicates that it's connected and I get a pop up message iin the device tray  - shows the device ID, etc. 

When I open BB Link however, it see's the device but will not connnect...and gives the error "Cannot Communicate with Device"......arghhhh!!!!  I have re-installed the software 3 times, I have wiped the Z10.  I also replaced the Z10 and still the same. 

If I do the same thing but enable wireless, it does connect, but I cannot backup over wireless.

Very FRUSTRATING application - is there any diagnostic info produced such as logs etc.

Is a device driver not loading?

Using version 1.0.0.76 of link- same issue with earlier version

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
walshchris
My Device: Z 10

Re: BB Link will not connect to Z10 via USB

I am having the exact same issue with my Z10. Verry annoying to the point of switching phones.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
d3rd

Love the phone but link is a piece of #$+@?$
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yasserhy
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

don't waste your breath here

we have to admit it .. we got screwed by blackberry .. the phone and it's desktop software are both full of bugs

and the problem is , they're not admiting it :smileyhappy:

Yasser Youssef
Please use plain text.
Contributor
d3rd

er... let's not take it too far.  I actually think the phone is great.  Would like to know if there is some diagnostic info that's all.

yasserhy wrote:

don't waste your breath here

we have to admit it .. we got screwed by blackberry .. the phone and it's desktop software are both full of bugs

and the problem is , they're not admiting it :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
C0untZer0err0r
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

The install states that a problem whilst installing was intereupted. its to do with the TCP/IP setup.

The creation and activation of the local connection was stopped so to fix it close the link software, then  connect the Z10 and open Control Panel and go to Network connections find the local network connection for Blackberry not the virtual one if you open the device and check the properties and you will find that TCP/IP v6 is not ticked put a tick in the box and close then run the link software the device will now be recognisable in the link software.

I think some how the it doesn;t activate TCP/IP and thats why the device manager can see the device but Link cannot.

hope this helps :manhappy:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yasserhy
My Carrier: Etisalat UAE

I tried your solution. But I found out that the IP6 is already ticked.

my Windows can find the device fine and I can browse the folders on it. Also, the LINK is able to connect to it fine and it's able to show me everything inside my phone.

the problem is with the Backup itself.

Yasser Youssef
Please use plain text.
troyam
My Carrier: fido

When I connect via usb .my wireless on my laptop shuts off
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ticfever
My Device: Playbook and Z10
My Carrier: EE

This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)

I get this when I look in the Device Manager under Network Adapaters: Blackberry Device

Please use plain text.
MrMoe
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I was having the same problem for the past week on my Windows 8 machine, this morning I tried this and it worked:

- Exit Blackberry Link.

- With BB connected via USB, Uninstall the Blackberry Device in the Device Manager.

- Shutdown the Blackberry Device Manager from the systray.

- In Device Manager, scan for hardware changes, it should find the BB (cuz it's still connected) and install the driver.

- My Blackberry Device Manager automatically detected the BB and started.  Once device was initialized, it asked for my device pwd, and I had the drive mapped again.

- Started BB Link, and was able to communicate with my device again.

Might not work for you, but it worked for me.  Try it.

Please use plain text.