Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Carrier: wataniya

BB10 Keeps on installing the same update every time I connect to Sync will the problems ever End !!!!

Every time I connect my BB10 with LInk iy keeps asking me if I want to install the same new  update !!

When will these problems end .

1. Cant Sync with Outlook

2. NO Skype

3. NO Whats App,

On And On ANd On !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ThinkReferrals
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BB10 Keeps on installing the same update every time I connect to Sync will the problems ever End !!!!

Outlook and contacts sync is rumoured to be worked on right now and should be released in an update within a week or so, this was according to Blackberry support.   I too am having the same update installed over and over.  Not sure if that is a Blackberry Link version 1.0.0.76 problem or a Z10 version 10.0.9.348 problem but it is a bit annoying thinking there is an update to deal with power drain issue or calendar issue and it turns out to be same update over and over.

Please use plain text.
fhessamian
My Carrier: 447879882571

Re: BB10 Keeps on installing the same update every time I connect to Sync will the problems ever End !!!!

Same issue here. I heard about a version 10.0.10.348 but it keeps updating with 10.0.9.348. I am really getting doubtful it Z10 can save blackberry!!
Please use plain text.
z10user29
My Carrier: orange

[ Edited ]

I am having the same problem blackberry link keeps trying to update to 10.0.9.348 software which I already have

Please use plain text.
trevorns085
My Carrier: bell

If you delete any carrier app they get send back down in an update ex. Foursquare. Kinda annoying
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

With prior BBs, they sent out "shortcuts" that could be easily hidden or moved to a "junk" folder, and took up truly minimal space on the BB. With BB10, they seem to be pushing out full apps for some of this, and they indeed re-push if you delete them.

But, the solution is the same...either use an empty Homescreen pane or create a folder (I call mine "junk") and move all of these things there. That way, they will be out of your way and won't cause a re-push to your device again.

Fortunately, the Z10 has lots of memory...but of course there is no such thing as infinite. Hopefully this will be addressed in future OS releases. For now, at least the annoyance can be abated.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Contributor
ThinkReferrals
My Carrier: Rogers

Not deleting OS installed apps appears to stop the continuous updates.  I have since reading this last reply tossed the unwanted or not very well built apps like facebook and twitter into a folder called "useless".  I would prefer to delete them and leave them deleted but for now this does patch that problem.

Please use plain text.