Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

BBerry Link stuck on "preparing synch preview"

I just upgraded to the Q10 a week ago and have yet to be able to effectively sync my device to my desktop, other than the initial link.  When I perform the link throuigh Blackberry Link (I have loaded the most recent software) it gets stuck at "preparing sync preview" and nothing that I have put on my outlook calendar directly or on my Blackberry directly syncs.  The only way I can get something in both places is to send my self an appointment through email.  That's crazy and defeats the whole purpose of syncing.

If I can't get this fixed, I will finally give up on Blackberry and move to an iphone.  I rely heavily on my calendar and need to be able to make changes efficiently.

How do I fix this????

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Passport - Z30 - Z10 - Q5 - Playbook
My Carrier: Not Specified

Re: BBerry Link stuck on "preparing synch preview"

Uninstall BlackBerry Link and Reinstall It

Regards Eree - Follow me on Twitter - Facebook - Google+

For More Visit My Blog
Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

For better and quicker assistance please tell me your:

Computer OS

Anti-Virus Program...Full name and Version #'s

Do you have any Blackberry Desktop Software presently installed from previous phone  OS Version 7

Have you upgraded Link from a previous version

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

After 2 hours, it finally worked past the places where it froze and finished syncing.  However, nothing that I put directly on my blackberry or desktop synced to the other device.  I also have 3 copies of several of my contacts - in the process of deleting 2 of the 3 on my outlook but wondering if that will solve anything or if it will copy them again when I sync again.

Antivirus:  McAfee Security Scan Plus version 3.8.141.11 - is this the antivirus?  If not, how do I figure out what my antivirus is??

I removed the old Blackberry desktop software before I installed Blackberry Link.  The old software was NOT Link - it was the predecessor to that and worked with my BB Curve.

I installed Link from the web site and had not had Link prior to that.

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/ProductDetailsViewer?Type=Software...

Check the above, McAfee might not be compatible, and the recommendation is to check with McAfee, might be part of your problem. Usually to be sure one would uninstall it to see if it corrects the issue, as just disabling it is not enough,

The files left behind from the uninstall of the older BB Desktop Software sometimes cause problems for the newer installed BB Software, this could be another part to your problem.

To correct this you would have to uninstall Link, using the Search function on your computer find and delete all...."blackberry"     files, Power off computer (not a restart) power on wait 5 to 10 minutes then reinstall Link.

You do not have to delete any BlackBerry files from your Documents.

All this said sync has been known to freeze then complete successfully, but your sync was complete but unsuccessful so you should try the above.