Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
Volpesat
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy

BIG PROBLEM - BB Link crash when i installing in windows 8.1

Hi, sorry for my bad english. I try to speak with you.

I have a very big problem.

When i try to install the latest version of BlackBerry Link (120_b028, this is the file name), the system crash (blue screen) and write this error: "DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (ndis.sys)" - i try to disable the ethernet card and the wireless card but the problem still - I don't such enithing now - I'm desperate now because i don't make backup - Please help me and sorry for my bad english too. Thanks for all - i still you........

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BIG PROBLEM - BB Link crash when i installing in windows 8.1

Hey Volpesat,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

After doing some research this error seems to be very common on Windows 8 and Windows 8.1.  I would suggest making sure your network card has the latest driver update for Windows 8 and once completed then try to install BlackBerry Link.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Volpesat
My Device: Z-10
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy

Hi, i have found the solution.......i unistalling my antivirus (kaspersky) and the program BB Link installing correctly without any error.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bryanl1738
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks Volpesat,

I have a Sony with newest Windows 8.1 and Kaspersky.

After you uninstalled Kaspersky then what?

Did you do a full uninstall and then reinstall or did you simply disable Kaspersky?

Regards,

B

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Bryanl1738
My Device: Z10

OK guys,

After consistently received the BSOD when Installing BB Link, I turned off bitlocker and received this error from Kaspersky.  Link did not load but at least I didn't get the BSOD.

Error 1704. An installation for BlackBerry Link is currently paused.  Changes make by this installation will be cancelled.  Start the installation process again after the process shutdown.

I then removed Kaspersky, restarted the install and received this error. 

Error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {74FD3CE6-2A8D-0E9C-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. HRESULT: 0x800736B5

After I acknowledged the error the Install Shield rolled back the install and bailed out.

Anybody have any other ideas on how to install BlackBerry Link on my brand new Sony Core i7 laptop running Win 8.1?

BTW, if anybody from BlackBerry is listening, my Z10 has been a great device and Link worked well on my Win7 laptop.  This however is enough for even the most devoted BB user to toss the whole thing.  There are a lot of people having similar problems.  Get this fixed ASAP.

Thanks.

B

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
aurelsmith
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Verizon

Is there a fix on my part or on BlackBerry Q10's part to my having "sent" messages ending up on my outbox?   Sometimes, after a few hours, the message is sent.  Any explanation for this?  I never had this problem with earlier BlackBerries.   Also no provisiion to resend or copy a message on the Q10.  Where can we get help with this problem?  Thanks

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
easyhostmedia
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

Well those at  @BlackBerryHelp gave me this link to try as i was having the same issue, so i followed this and yes it worked, i managed to get Blackberry Link on my PC, so connected my Z10 using USB cable so at least i could backup my Z10, but guess what happened.  BB Link went its it set up mode and wiped everything off my Z10 (contacts, emails etc.)

so i would lke to say a BIG THANKYOU to (RIM) Blackberry for messing my phone up.  neither to say i will be contacting Trading Standard in the morning to let them know of this, as this is just one big SCAM and CON.  I was going to also connect my Playbook, but i think i will not until Blackberry can get all my lost stuff back.

Please use plain text.
aataylording

Thank you so much for this solution.  I uninstalled my virsus software and was able to install Blackberry Link.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
easyhostmedia
My Device: Z10 and Playbook
My Carrier: Orange

UPDATE:

After spending 3 + Hours on the phone with a very helpful Blackberry Tech (Marlene) who also used remote access so could see what i faced on my PC.

After all that it was found that BB Link is uncompatible with Kaspersky Products.  I removed my Kaspersky and installed Bit Defender and BB links worked 100%

Please use plain text.
BBWindowsUser
My Carrier: Movistar

I've removed Kaspersky and reinstalled BB Link. Was able to upload calendar to my Q10 and some contacts, but then Windows 8 again crashed "DPC Watchdog Violation as before. I've updated all drivers. Is BB Link simply incompatible with WIndows 8? Please send patch soon, or I'll have to follow my computer consultant's advice and buy and Android phone.
Please use plain text.