Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: att

Back up Contacts WITHOUT OUTLOOK

I use Outlook at work and use the calendar as my all-the-time calendar, but don't want all my personal contacts synced with that. At home I use Mozilla Thunderbird for some e-mail accounts and Gmail for others.  I don't want to have to figure out where my contacts are.  What other options are there for back-up of contacts?

ALSO:  When I click on the Sync 'CONFIGURE' in Link, I get a garbled overlay of two messages, and couldn't sync with either of the above, even if I wanted to.  (I tried to post the screen shot, but it won't let me).  One message appears to say 'Blackberry Link has not detected any data sources to link with such as MS Outlook.'  The other is 'Your calendar and contacts that are manually synced will not be transferred during a backup, restore, or device switch.'

Any advice?

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Koodo

Re: Back up Contacts WITHOUT OUTLOOK

I tried editing contacts with Thunderbird and also with Gmail.  It mostly worked but there were scrambled items because each email client has it's own tempate or data structure.  Duplicates occur on import to the BB10 device.  BBM fields may be lost.

I would like to do complete management of contacts and calendars within Link without dependency on software that is not from Blackberry.