Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

ritzylady
My Device: curve rda71uw 8530
My Carrier: telus

Re: Back up did not complete :-(

pc app did not allow me to do a backup of my z10,I removed the app and now it is backing up on blackberry link......thanks for the hint

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dungeon418
My Device: Blackberry Z10, Playbook 16 gig, 32gig, 64gig,
My Carrier: MTS,

I had the backup problem on my Z10 as well, tried all the fixes, nothing worked .Then started uninstalling my apps one at a time. An app called Presidents choice recipe book was the culpirt and that did the the trick. My backups work.

There are other posters who did the same on Crackberry and it worked. I can't say this will work for all, but worth a shot.

If it works, give a thumbs up.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ankassem
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

:smileymad: Same problem here. This is insane, First I have a runtime error now I have backup not completed.
Blackberry, FFS I am loosing patience.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bulldogscadillac
My Carrier: MTS

Mine is still saying the same thing as everyone else. Tried turning off Wifi as was stated in another forum, this did seem to help it at least show a proper "free" space, as before it just read "free 0.0MB) even though I had a 32G card freshly formatted in it.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

Deselect application backups and try again. :smileyhappy: this is usually caused by an application that causes the backup to fail. In my case it was the PC recipe box app.
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bulldogscadillac

I wish I could deselect applications, but that isnt an option either, says no data to back up, or something to that effect. I also wonder, when others plug in their phone with a memory card, does it show up briefly as drive Y: and Z:? Mine does, and when I try to access it to maybe transfer something over, it locks up. My wife wanted an iPhone and I wanted to stick with Blackberry because I've had 3 plus I have a Playbook, now I'm rethinking. Its getting annoying coming home from work everynight and searching and changing things to try to get this **bleep** phone to work properly.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
drewread

You need to turn off mass storage mode I believe
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bulldogscadillac

It isn't in mass storage. If it was it would just open as a drive, this opens in both link and opens two windows with drives Y and Z
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700
My Carrier: BELL

Re: Back up did not complete :-( Z10 or Q10 Backup Does Not Complete With the Link Program

[ Edited ]

This is my solution that worked for me when I encountered this problem:

• Sign out of the Blackberry ID account for your phone in the Link program.
  • Exit the Link program.
  • Disconnect the Z10 from the USB port.
  • Restart the Z10 (hold the top button, and touch the restart prompt in the screen)
  • After the phone has restarted, enter the phone's password.
  • Open the Link program.
  • In the Link program, log in to the Blackberry ID account associated with the phone.
  • Connect the phone back to the USB port.
  • If the Link program asks for the password to unlock the phone, enter the password.
  • Click on the prompt to innitiate the backup process.

What this process does is re-set the data functions between the Link program, the phone, and the Blackberry ID account.

Another issue that can cause problems with many USB devices, including external backup hard drives, phones, and etc, is the USB ports on the computer going in to standby (power save mode) while a USB device process is taking place.  You can easily fix this by going to the Device Manager for your computer and turning this feature off.

• In Windows 7 Control Panel go to System.
  • Double mouse click on System.
  • On the left side open Device Manager.
  • Scroll to and open Universal Serial Buss Controllers
  • Open the properties for each of the Root HUB entries.
  • Select the tab for Power Management.
  • Remove the check mark for "Allow the computer to turn this device of to save power".

There are many instances when your computer may be talking via the USB ports to a Web Cam, or doing a backup to an external drive, or doing a backup to a phone, and the system decides to shut down the port because it has timed out with no keyboard or mouse activity. There are many software programs and device drivers that do not properly report to Windows that there is USB activity, or Windows for some reason does not see the device as being active. In this case the port will be shut down, and thus the activity will fail.   

:smileyfrustrated:

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lawalaw
My Device: BlackBerry 9790
My Carrier: RIM

I have similar challenge with my BB 9790, backup could not complete; it got stucked at about 90% backup while backing up Smart card. The display message is "Backing up smart card option 1 of 1". What can I do or what is the implication if I remove Smart card backup from the customs option.
Please use plain text.