Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Orange / EE

Backing up my Q10 vial link - says device it not associated with my ID

Hi there,

I've been trying to backup my one month old Q10 but whenever I connect it and hit backup, it states in a pop-up box:

'This device is not associated with your ID, go to your device and sign into your blackberry ID'

Please help - I am already signed in on my device, the link software recognizes my phone and shows all my photographs, music etc. I'm stuck....there is no number to call. 

I really dont link the new link software - looks prettu but is useless. Please help anyone, thanks in advance

Neil

Retired
My Device: Z10 9800 9900

Re: Backing up my Q10 vial link - says device it not associated with my ID

Hey neiltomo,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

In response to your inquiry, can you please navigate into the "System Settings->BlackBerry Protect" on your BlackBerry Q10? Once in this application, there is a switch to turn the application on or off. Change the switch over and you will be required to enter your BlackBerry ID password. This will verify your password with the device.

Once this is completed you can exit out of System Settings and plug your device into the computer with the USB cord. This should allow you to connect successfully and complete a back up.

Let us know if this works for you.

Cheers,

-WW

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!