Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Backup, sync, iTunes and iPhotos not working

Hi

I just spend a few hours trying to sync my Z10 with my Mac Itunes and Iphotos, All I get is that "Blackberry link can't access Iphotos" message, as for Itunes, Link see my mac files but wont copy them to the Z10.

I cannot also do a back up, I got the message "preparing back up" and nothing happens. There is no backup file created.

I have all my Mac software OS and apps uptodate. Just for good measures I deleted Iphotos and reinstall it. ( I read somewhere that it did fix the Iphotos problem). Well did not work for me.

I also downloaded and reinstalled Blackberry Link a few times.

Any Ideas

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Backup, sync, iTunes and iPhotos not working

Hey fizou,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of Mac OS X are you running?  Also when it start to prepare the backup, do you get an error message saying "Communication failure"?

Are you able to do media sync with audio or video files, or do you receive a similar error like the iPhotos was producing?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Hi

The OS is 10.8.2, it is up to date. 

On the Mac side of Blackberry Link here is what I get:

Blackberry Link sees Itunes music, but when I try to copy a music file to the Z10 side the file seemed to be copied, shows as copied in the Z10 panel on the right , but when I look in the Z10 itself there is no file in Music.

Pictures: "Blackberry Link can't access Iphotos". I have the latest version of Iphotos. I also, to make sure, deleted it and reinstalled it from the Mac site. I also rebooted the Mac and the Z10 a few times for good measure.

Also, Iphotos is kept open as instructed in Link

When I try to back up all I get is the message "preparing to back up" but nothing happens, just the little animated bar. No back up file is being created on the Mac.

There is no "Communication Failure" message either

Same as "Create Log File". no file is being created

I also removed the Z10 from link and reinstall it a few times

I am signed in with my Blackberry ID.

You can see an image of Link in:   napnap.ca    in the blog section

Any Idea?  very frustrating.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Thanks for the detailed reply fizou,

It definitely sounds like the USB connection is not going through with BlackBerry Link.  

When you plug the USB in, does the BlackBerry Z10 show that it is charging?  If so, we will need to gather some logs from BlackBerry Link to find the root cause.

Please contact your network service provider and asked to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can gather these logs.

I appreciate your patience.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Hi There is a Usb connection, the z10 sees itunes, and it is charging. I tried Link with another Mac laptop and got the same problems, even after going through the Link software update. I cannot do any back up or create a log file. The z10 also can connect with WIFI , but then it loses the ability to do a back up, here is no menu available to do a back up. I will contact bell tomorrow morning. Hanks Didier
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hi again, I got in touch with the teck support people, but they could not do anything as they could not manage to log in my MacBook to see what was happening, bummer...so the issue is not resolve. The BB link will not sync with my MacBook pro retina display, neither with an older white MacBook. It seems tough that it can sync with a "desktop Mac". I have an "hackintosh", desktop that I built, and it is running OX 10.7.*, it looks that it did make a back up of the Z10. But still the BB link should work with the latest MacBooks. On another note, the techinician I was talking with to fix the Link on my Mac did not have, it seems, very much knowledge of the MAC OS, just wondering how he could help then.. Fizou
Contributor

[ Edited ]
Hi again again I managed to sync my MacBook pro with the Z10 after all. I had to stop WIFI on the Z 10 and connect it to the Mac with the USB cable. Then the backup worked, the music syncked, I could copy music tracks back and forth. My mistake was to connect the phone with the USB cable and WIFI at the same time. But, still the iPhotos connection does not work, I even deleted iPhotos and reinstalled it. Nada BB link does not see iPhotos. The wireless WIFI also does not work, the BB Link sees the Z10, does not offer a menu for back up, all it says is, never back up and remove So there are still issues to be fixed. I
My Carrier: Rogers

III'm having the same problems with my IMAC.  I "can" sync my ITunes or my music, but it won't copy.  I wouldn't know who to speak at Rogers to send you the logs.  It's difficult to find anyone who takes such stuff seriously anyways.  Why do I have to go through this extra step, when you should be solving this problem.  It seems endemic, and transfering data should be a synch.  Either update our devices, or fix the bb link.

Raffi Balian

Contributor

Hi

Just upgraded Blacnerry Link to the latest version on my Mac. It is still not working. It cannot acess Iphotos despite the fact that Iphotos is open on the desktop and that I have the latest version. It also do not do any backup. All I got is
" preparing to backup" . I let it run about 10 minutes. Nothing happened.

Please fix it. Blackberry could well also look at how Apple handles the connection of the phone with the desktop. Thier GUI is perfect, side by side windows of what is installed on both machines, It also shows all the apps and how they are organized.....

Very frustrating.....

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Carrier: Vodafone

Mine has never synced to Itunes. It claims my itunes is not up to date. It always is. All software I have is the latest incl the ones from BB. VERY frustrating!! What's going on with this??

P.S photos works fine