Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

Backup without Actual Sync

I am sure this answer is here somewhere, but I am having a devil of a time finding it.  And, I cannot figure out how to do what I want.  I would appreciate help from someone, thanks.  I would like to do two things:

1. Include the information on my Z10's SD card in the backup / sync operations.  I can't find a setting for this, and only the device music, videos, photos and documents seem to sync.

2. How do I backup the data without also syncing back from my PC? In other words, I have 10's of thousands of documents, photos and music files on my PC that I don't want on my Z10.  But, I want EVERYTHING on my Z10 on my PC.  I only want to copy what's on my Z10 over to my PC.  I could just Windows Explorer to do this, but:

a) I want to make sure my Z10 data, such as the Contacts, Remember files, Text History, etc. are transferring during the backup

b) I want to take advantage of the sync feature in one direction, to make sure all the photos, music, documents since last sync are updated, without having to click on each group of files, then going through the "a file with that name already exists" issue.  (That's what the sync is for, I think, to do it all at once.)

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Backup without Actual Sync

Hey Rush-O-Matic,

The Media card is not included in the backup operation. The information on the Media card can only synchronized to the computer, you can find more information here on syncing music, pictures, videos, and documents
http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/53140/lym1344001756844.jsp

In regards to syncing files from your BlackBerry smartphone to your computer only you can manually do this, in BlackBerry Link at the bottom of the screen, click your device, you can find more info here: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/53140/lym1345038015505.jsp

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!