Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Regular Contributor
dave-willis-cc
My Carrier: Orange (UK)

BlackBerry Link Crashing

Hi everyone,

I have downloaded the BlackBerry Link software to my PC and every time I load up Link either my music isn't there to be able to sync to my Z10 or when the music does appear within 30seconds or less the Windows brings up a dialog box saying that "A program has stopped working and needs to close..."Link.jpg

I have tried uninsatlling and reinstalling several times, I have tried updating Java (not sure if the program utilises Java or not), I have disabled my Firewall and Antivirus all of which hasn't helped. Does anyone know any other solutions or have any suggestions that I can try?

Regards,

Dave

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ticfever
My Carrier: EE

Re: BlackBerry Link Crashing

Try going thru the windows registry by deleting all references to blackberry and then reinstalling LINK.

To be honest - I would not use LINK anymore until it actually does something of value and stops misbehaving.

If you want to move files, just connect the phone to the computer and treat it as a drive and move the files you want by using copy and paste.

Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
dave-willis-cc
My Carrier: Orange (UK)

Re: BlackBerry Link Crashing

I have tried transferring the files through Windows Explorer and it doesn't seem to transfer all of my music across, in fact through Explorer it says it's all there but on my X10 it barely locates any.
Please use plain text.