Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

My Device: Q10 SQN100-3
My Carrier: Vodafone

BlackBerry Link Peer Manager error message

I have just received a Q10 and installed BlackBerry Link (twice) on my laptop (an HP ProBook 4510s running Windows XP Professional). I am constantly getting an error message:

BlackBerry Link Peer Manager has encountered a problem and needs to close.  

In BlackBerry Link it constantly says it is unable to log in to BlackBerry ID. I assume this is connected with the above. Other aspects of BlackBerry Link appear to be working OK - so far.

Has anyone a solution for this problem?

Super Contributor
My Device: Z30/Xperia Z Ultra
My Carrier: Verizon/T-Mobile

Re: BlackBerry Link Peer Manager error message

Could be a firewall issue.  My office PC blocks BB Link from connecting to my BBID, but my home PC is fine.  Smiley Happy

Rich C (PKcable)
From Crackberry.com

If I have been helpful please click like! Use the Thumbs up icon below this message. Smiley Happy
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Link Peer Manager error message

I have exactly same problem, couldn't fix with usual install/uninstall pprocess.

Saw another topic where some Blackberry technical adviser asks to make a phone call to provider in order to be transfered to them to make ticket to investigate the problem. Since ppl still have same issue I think they still investigate.

I think what could happen is I installed some application which put another version of same DLLs used by Blackberry link as well. Will try to find out,