Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

BlackBerry Link - Silent Install

I am building a deployment package and need to install the blackberry link software silently. Has anyone done this before or can point me in the right direction. All web searches send me to the older blackberry desktop software which will not work with the new Z10/Q10 models. Thanks!

Ed

Contributor
My Device: Q10/Z10/Android/iOS
My Carrier: 1900MHz

Re: BlackBerry Link - Silent Install

Hi there.  I am looking for the same information to deploy via SCCM 2007.  Did you find a solution?

New Contributor

Nothing Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Contributor

Oh thats too bad!  I will update you if I come across any information.  Have you contacted RIM?  There MUST be some silvent switches built in.  Otherwise this will require an entire script.

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Koodo

For silent installation, the switches that applied to BlackBerry Desktop Software also apply to BlackBerry Link.

For more details check out the knowledge base article listed below. I hope this helps!

KB03744 - How to silently install BlackBerry Desktop Software

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Contributor

Those switches actually don't work.  I called into RIM last week and they were looking into this for me, but apprently they don't have a solution to it,because they never called back.  Good work RIM...

Community Manager
Community Manager
My Device: BlackBerry Passport
My Carrier: Koodo

I can confirm that the switches do work so I’m wondering if a syntax issue is occurring.

Since this is the case, compare your commands against the previously mentioned KB and let me know the results (including the commands you are using). Please provide as much detail as possible when you reply if the issue persists so we can help work towards a solution. 

For testing, I was able to use the following command successfully: setup.exe /s /l1033 /v" /qn ALL_USERS=1 SHORTCUT_DESKTOP=1

Did someone help you? Click Like! Did a post solve your issue? Click Accept as Solution!

Follow me on Twitter or Google+ and subscribe to the Inside BlackBerry Help Blog

Contributor

I don't even have a setup file.  The fie I'm using is 120_b028_multilanguage.exe.  I can extract it with WinZIP, but it still doesn't give me a setup.exe.  Can you tell me which version you are working with?  Thanks.

Contributor

I changed to the filename I have, and it starts to work, but it hangs at the country dropdown box.  Am I missing a switch maybe?

New Contributor

Hi,

I have also tried redownloading the exe and running with your provided string. It launches setup but then sits at the languague options.

setup.exe /s /l1033 /v"/qn ALL_USERS=1 SHORTCUT_DESKTOP=1

Ed