If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
cc1974
My Device: Q5
My Carrier: EE

BlackBerry Link Wont Install

Help i'm new here and have tried on many occasions to install BB link form both the website and from the link on my Q5 phone, but download starts gets to the windows installer page then shows a windows installer page with this

"Windows Installer. V 5.07601.17514

msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]

Install Options

</package I/i> <Product.msi>

Installs or configures a product

/a <Product,msi>

Administrative install - installs a product on the network" (unable to copy the image sorry) when you then click ok at the bottom of the screen it goes away and nothing happens or installs

I am using a HP probook Windows 7 professional 64bit (has worked on an old HP laptop using XP pro and has also worked on my HP Computer in work running Windows 7 professional 64 bit)

Thanks for any help in advance : )

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14
My Device: Blackberry Q10 (OS 10.2.1.3247)
My Carrier: Movilnet

Re: BlackBerry Link Wont Install

Hello CC1974

Welcome to http://supportforums.blackberry.com/

I recommend you download the latest version of BlackBerry Link
From the following link:

BlackBerry LINK BlackBerry Link v1.2.0.28

Uninstall the version you have installed
Restart the PC.

And proceeds to install the above version to download

BBM Channels  PIN: C0007093A
Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cc1974

Thanks but that is the version I'm trying to install, I can't uninstall anything because it doesn't install. It downloads, I accept to let it make changes then it puts a zipped file page then a small windows installer page with a progress bar for about 3seconds then I get a bigger windows installer page which doesn't make any sense I then click ok and after 2seconds it all disappears as if it was never there and I can't find it anywhere to uninstall?
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14

Hi cc1974

Go to Control Panel in Windows 7
Programs and BlackBerry desintala Link program.

Comment...

Do not forget to give LIKE   Like Those people who help you and advise you about your doubts. Accept as Solution if the review has been SOLVED** # BBM 4LL4LL BlackBerry #ÉliteRoad Elite Make a backup of your BlackBerry
BlackBerry Protect and  BlackBerry Link constantly. BlackBerry #ichooseBlackBerry10 Gutijose14 Forums Advisor III  Gutijose14

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cc1974

Hi Gutijose 14 I have tried but there is nothing Blackberry related there I've tried a search also for both BlackBerry and RIM but nothing comes up its as though it tries to install, crashes and uninstalls itself? I am completely stumped by it. I have also disabled all anti virus and tried again but still nothing.
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
gutijose14

Hi CC1974

Today update the BlackBerry Link to version 1.2.0.32

Downloading BlackBerry Link v1.2.1.31 (Windows OS)

Downloading BlackBerry Link v1.1.1.39 (Mac OS)

Try this latest version...

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cc1974

Hi Gutijose14

I have tried the new link version and exactly the same thing happens? just get windows installer page with a load of nonsense then nothing all just disappears?????

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Optimus_Prime456
My Device: Bold 9780/9700
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Omg! Exact same thing with me. I download it, open it. It does some WinZip Extractor thing, opens command prompt for a sec, it closes, goes back to the WinZip thing then closes. Nothing happens after that! I've been trying for days to try and make it work. I really want to back up my device so I can install 10.2.1

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
cc1974

Anybody any luck with this?????????????

Please use plain text.
ibdmoose
My Device: Z30
My Carrier: ATT

I have the exact same problem, but some other programs won't load either, so it may be an OS or HP issue. In case it helps, I'm running win 7Pro on a HP 4540s notebook. Other s/w issue was with s/w & drivers for a Brother multi-func printer - a <WINSYSDIR> problem.

BlackBerry folks - hopefully you read this stuff.  Even if it is a Windows OS or HP issue, you really need to help get to the bottom of this as it is still your issue if 'we' can't use your phones properly!

Please help!

Please use plain text.