Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
fbriceno97
My Device: Bold 9790 / Bold 9900 / Z10
My Carrier: Movistar Venezuela

BlackBerry Link can not communicate with the device Z10 ¿really?.. YES!

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys.

I was able to use BlackBerry Link with my Windows 7/64 and Windows XP SP3 using its latest version without any issues, both ways wireless and cable did the job.

Now I have updated my Z10 to OS 10.0.10.672, and when I open link it says it was not able to connect to device, even though BlackBerry Device Manager sees the Z10 and mount both network drives, I am able to sideload apps.. but link does not see it no matter if it is via wifi or USB. I have tried unplug and plug the cable over and over again, uninstalled and installed blackberry link a couple of time and Nothing!

I have installed BlackBerry Link on my friend's Mac, and it works.. it detects the device both ways wireless and USB, but Mac's link is very buggy (well at least it sees the device).

I have read several topics on this forum about the same/similar issue, and nobody have managed to solve it, so where is the support??? guys we need to backup/restore our devices and you are killing such a great hardware as the Z10 is by a piece of **bleep** software as BlackBerry Link.

Come on, we expect and demand more from BlackBerry.

Hope somebody do take care about this and offer a real solution to this issue.

Thanks

Felix

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fbriceno97

Re: BlackBerry Link can not communicate with the device Z10 ¿really?.. YES!

Managed to get BlackBerry Link connecting to my device, using al old centrino laptop w/windows xp sp3, it has no antivirus installed and using windows default firewall.

I have activated airplane mode before connecting the Z10 via USB, within device options in link i disabled wireless sync, and proceded to backup everything on my device, the backup file reached up to 6GB.

The point is that BlackBerry Link is not working correctly when used with antivirus/firewall systems, so BlackBerry you have work to do and make this link antivirus/firewall friendly. As i tried on two windows machines with Windows XP SP3 and Windows 7 Ultimate both of them using Avast Internet Security., at begining both worked good.. and after updating Z10 OS yesterday, they stopped working.

If you need to collect logs or something, let me know.

tks Felix

Please use plain text.
Contributor
icemanswimmer
My Device: 9700 6.0

Hola Felix,

I´m helping others about this same issue in the forums in spanish if you want to take a look there too where I´m posting updates about how is BB helping us, I have talked to them, they have scalated this, I have an incident number, they have gathered logs, analyzed them and tomorrow (in about 4 hours) there will be another conference call to do more testing.

it´s just a suggestion

Saludos

ice

Please use plain text.
Contributor
fbriceno97

Gracias icemanswimmer.

Yesterday i was taking a look on that forum, because on this one nobody have news about a fix, workaround or something that helps overcome it.

I hope BlackBerry do fix it, this is frustating an annoying.

Regards

Felix

Please use plain text.