Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
ssbtech
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Bell Canada

BlackBerry Link - constantly crashing

Fresh install of Windows 7 x64 on my PC as of 3 days ago. 

Downloaded and installed latest version of BlackBerry Link.

Connected phone and after receiving messages in the lower right corner of the screen alternating between "Driver installed successfully" and "Driver failed to load", it finally seemed to take.

Run BB Link, wait several minutes to click between the screens of the setup process, register BBID and all is well.

Plug in the phone, BB Link becomes unresponsive, then comes back to life a moment later.  Can't interact with the window whatsoever (click, drag, etc...) without it becoming unresponsive and getting a Windows error saying the program is unresponsive, would you like to wait or close the program. 

I had it working OK before, albeit a little slow, but after this clean Windows installation all hell has broken loose. 

Perhaps a little more effort should be put into the productivity end of things rather than fluffy apps like "Story Maker".  Well, looking at the bright side I suppose I could use Story Maker to make a story about how poorly BB Link functions. 

It's so bad I'm almost ready to go back to my 9800.

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: BlackBerry Link - constantly crashing

Hello ssbtech,

To better assist you with your BlackBerry Link doftware issue I have a few questions:

Do you have a personal firewall or proxy blocking the network connectivity to the BlackBerry? 

Do you have User Account Control enabled on the Computer?

Go to the BlackBerry Link Properties, under the Compatibility tab, is the 'Run this program as an administrator' check box selected?

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.