Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
Hsprung
My Device: Z10

BlackBerry Link does not recognize my Z10 anymore

Hello, I hope someone can help me. I have been using BlackBerry Link with no problems until now. All of the sudden BB Link won't recognize my Z10. I have rebooted my phone at least twice, I have deleted and reinstalled BB Link twice, I am using proper BlackBerry usb cords, I have tried using two different BlackBerry usb cords, I have tried all the usb ports (3 of them) on my computer and still Link does not show my Z10 as being connected. I have made sure the mass storage is off, and when I am on that page on my Z10 and then plug my Z10 into my computer a pop up window opens on my phone and says it is connected to the computer but still it does not show up on BB Link. At first as well the wifi sync was working, but it would not allow my to back up my information, then I tried turning the wifi sync off and back on and now BB Link does not even do the wifi sync. As well when I plug my Z10 into my computer it does show the phone as charging and my computer gives my the audible tone to let me know that something has been plugged in and then unplugged, so I do know the computer is reading my Z10, but Link for whatever reason does not read it anymore.

Can anyone tell me what is going on and how can I fix this please???????

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: BlackBerry Link does not recognize my Z10 anymore

Hey Hsprung,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are you using BlackBerry Link for PC or Mac?  Also does it show the BlackBerry Z10 is charging when it is connected via USB?

Have you tried connecting it to a different computer to see if the issue persists?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hsprung

I have a Windows PC. The Z10 does charge when connected. A pop up window on Z10 says phone is connected to computer. I installed new BB Link and Z10 now will Wifi Sync, but does not back up. A pop up window on my task bar says "Hardware ID Missing. Windows cannot identify the device plugged into the USB Composite Device. For assistance contact the hardware manufacturer."
Please use plain text.
Contributor
tundraeyes

Try this out please.:

On your Z10, go to System Settings
then tap on "Storage & Access"
Under the heading "Access to Storage", tap on USB Connection and switch it to "Connect to WIndows".
Tap on the lower < (Back) arrow to save setting.

Hope this helps.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hsprung

Thank you very much for the suggestion. I followed directions from another posting and deleted the drivers and reinstalled them. That got my Z10 going again. I appreciate your time. Cheers.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Hsprung

Thanks for your response. I followed the directions from another in the community and deleted the drivers and then did a reinstall and that got my Z10 connected again and backed up. Thanks again and Cheers,
Please use plain text.
Negin

Hi there

I'm having same issue with my Z10 and the solution of changing USB setting to Windows" didn't work, may I ask which drivers you reinstalled or a link to the solution

Best

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Lisels
My Device: Z-10

I am in the same boat. This is so frustrating. Sometimes it will tell me I am connected, but syncing will not happen. On the computer, when I go to the pictures for my phone it says that I have none. All of the suggestions to drag from one area to another only work if I can see them in the first place (which I can't). I have also reinstalled/uninstalled/reinstalled software, tried muoltiple Blackberry cords, used it via wi-fi/usb, said a prayer and spun around on one foot while holding my breath (hey.....it worked for stuff when I was 4 so why not now lol). But honestly, this is getting so frustrating considering I have already had to return my BBZ10 for repairs and after having it back after over 5 weeks of waiting, all I want to do is download my pics and docs to my computer without the hassle of using the dropbox or facebooking it to myself one picture at a time. Grrrr. This used to be easy and it is all of a sudden impossible.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
goldbri

[ Edited ]

I just resolved this issue.  I had to uninstall the driver, disconnect the device and reconnect it.

To unistall the driver, I went to the device manager in the control panel.  I found the blackberry (with a yellow triangle on it).  Right clicked and choose properties, driver and then uninstall.  

Good luck.

Please use plain text.
steger82

I have the same problem and not able to resolve the issue. Please help

Please use plain text.