Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
hiphil
My Device: bbz10

BlackBerry Link is Unable to sign in to BlackBerry ID

My BlackBerry Link is Unable to sign in to BlackBerry ID also.  (it was connected I disconnected and now cannot reconnect).  this is affecting multiple users on multiple workstations.  Users can connect to BBAppworld on browswe and BBz10 but NOT using BlackBerry Link

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: BlackBerry Link is Unable to sign in to BlackBerry ID

Hi hiphil,

Are users able to browse to and login at www.blackberry.com/blackberryid from their computers, while on the network?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Hypnoboy
My Device: Z10

I'm having the same issue. I have installed BBLink to the computer, and when it goes through the set up steps, step 2 is it signing into my Blackberry ID. 

To be clear, I'm not even given the option to enter my user name and password to sign in. When I click "Next" after step 1, I get the circle that says, "Connecting" and then the error message that says,

"Unable to sign in to your Blackberry ID. Confirm you are connected to the Internet and try again."

Obviously I'm connected. 

This happens whether the phone is connected to the computer or not. I did a full uninstall of the software and then a re-install and still have the same problem. I am able to sign into my Blackberry ID on my phone and on the computer, but Blackberry Link won't even connect to ALLOW me to try to sign in. 

Any idea what I should do?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Sherif-Darwish

Same issue has as well.
I'm getting the below error without even the option to eneter username and password.

"Unable to sign in to your Blackberry ID. Confirm you are connected to the Internet and try again."

Works fine on browser and Z10, but not the BB link.

Any luck with this anyone?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kurtschwanz

I have the same issue.  It worked okay once or twice and then started saying this "unable to sign in" and doesn't provide any option to enter credentials.

I'm really disappointed with the Link software in general, it's barely a glorified iTunes.  I want to manage the *device* not my music, thank you.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
johngardner58
My Device: Z10 STL100-3

I have same issue from install.  Worked fine on one XP machine and a Windows 8 machine but another machine it doesn't work and there is definitely an internet connection (no problem browsing).  I can even get to the BlackBerry ID webpage.

Link seems a little flaky.  Not as nice as the previous Desktop.  And I am unhappy about the lack of Organizer sync with lotus notes.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kurtschwanz

I've figured out the problem on one of my machines -- my work computer.  Disabling the firewall allowed me to connect with my Blackberry ID.  

Please use plain text.
R3M
Contributor
R3M
My Device: Torch 9800

I have the same issue as well. 

Works fine on browser and Z10, and on Windows 7 machine, but not on my Windows 8 machine, Tried disabling firewall, but did not help.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ROG518ZA
My Device: 9800

Same issue for me and it's frustrating as I updated my BlackBerry Z10 OS to 10.1 and it has a new option to access my laptop that's linked to BlackBerry Link
Please use plain text.
New Developer
Fortneyland
My Device: LE Z10/PlayBook/Dev A/B/C

Hi. I have had issues with Link since I instralled it, what seems to have worked for me was uninstalling link using Revo and print to go 1.0 and 2.0 . Then I disabled firewall and antivrus and installled print to go 2.0 using Revo and proceeded to install BlackBerry link with the Z10 plugged in as it allowed me to sign in and peer to peer working. Ever since everything has been great and the backups and restore and been good.. i hope this helps somewhat... If need further help I can assist...

Please use plain text.