Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
yobilitoi
My Device: z10
My Carrier: smart

BlackBerry Link messed up my apps and ruined settings of my emails!

Hello, I need help here. I love my Z10 but must say that BlackBerry Link is hideous. I have tried multiple times to reload my backup after doing device wipe and all that time my Z10 restarted without completing the reload. Until now I can't access all my passwords and important notes! More so, I figured out that since my Z10 rebooted automatically, I also lost some apps. Worst is, due to the reboots, I found my Gmail, Facebook, Twitter and work email gone In the Hub. I hope this is fixed soon. If you know any work around to reload back ups, please do let me know.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Sawks
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: BlackBerry Link messed up my apps and ruined settings of my emails!

Hey yobilitoi.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but it sounds like you are trying to restore a backup file to yout BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone, but the BlackBerry Z10 appears to reboot before the data is retsored properly?

Can you please provide some further information so that we can try to help resolve your issue and get your backup data back onto your BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone properly.

Can you please explain in as much detail as possible the steps you take to restore your backup file to your BlackBerry Z10?

What kind of backup file are you attempting to restore? Is it a backup file that was created on a Legacy BlackBerry Smartphone, or was the backup file created from your BlackBerry Z10?

When you are restoring the backup file, does it begin to restore any data or does the BlackBerry Z10 reboot immediately?

Are there any error messages witnessed during the process?

I look forward to your response.

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
yobilitoi

1. You are correct. My Z10 reboots immediately at 0% - as the process of transfer starts.
2. I am trying to restore a back up file from my Z10. I am using the same version -10.1 when i did the back up and restore.
3. I dont see any error message in my Z10 before it shuts down - i only see the regular loading screen. In Link though it shows restore cant be completed etc...
4. Here's the process that i underwent when i did several trials.
a. Opened Link although i cant log in with my BB ID and have an internet running. Keeps giving me an error saying check your internet etc
b. My Z10 was set to connect via Link in my phone Settings and i have chosen to connect to Windows PC.
c. Hooked up my Z10 to my PC. Sometimes the device shows, sometimes not. So what i did if it wasnt connecting was i run repair Link to read my device.
d. Once it shows that Z10 is connected, i initiate the transfer. Its weird tho sometimes because i am given an option to select the content that i just want to transfer (like media only, settings etc) but there were also times wherein i cant select them, meaning its wanting me to do full restore. I have tried all sorts of transfer either full or per piece but both gave same results - Z10 reboots at 0%.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
yobilitoi

Add i forgot to add that after the reboot that is where i see a lot of problems. Here are some of them:

1. My Crackberry app is gone. I went to BB World to install, uninstall, delete but i cant. Now i cant participate in Crackberry forum and read BB updates! :smileysad:
2. My Hub got messed up. No FB, Twitter, Gmail - they all vanished.
3. Other apps also disappeared - which i just reinstalled apart from Crackberry.
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Sawks
My Device: Z10 / 9900 / 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

Hey yobilitoi.

Since there are other issues with connecting to the BBID servers and other general device connection issues, please attempt to repair the BlackBerry Link with the security software disabled and then attempt to restore the data as per the steps provided in the Link documentation found here: http://docs.blackberry.com/en/smartphone_users/deliverables/53140/lym1340634050854.jsp

Hope this helps. 

Cheers.

-Sawks

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter !@BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)

Please use plain text.