Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
My Device: Bold 9790 / Bold 9900 / Z10
My Carrier: Movistar Venezuela

BlackBerry Link version 1.0.1.xx not working

I have not been able to use BlackBerry Link on my Windows XP and Seven 64bit PCs, since the first version.

I proceed today to download and install the latest version 1.0.1.11 from blackberry page, before install it i did uninstalled the previous non working version (the PC detected the Z10 but LINK did not see it at all, no matter if it was via wifi or USB).

I thought this version was going to fix this issuse, way wrong... after installing the latest one i rebooted the PC.. opened Link, configure it, put my BlackBerry ID info.. it shows the PIN tied to it.. everything is good to go, when i connect my Z10 via USB.. it keeps showing a windows to download and install Link, the PC as if it was not installed...i have rebooted the device and PC twice and no luck!.

So BlackBerry Gods.. do not write "contact your carrier and ask to escalate it to blackberry support", what is the point in having a support forum??? instead indicate how to solve this as i want to be able to backup my device.

I can not believe the huge amount of time and effort put by BlackBerry to build such a great platform as BlackBerry 10 and the desktop software it is a piece of garbage.

What are you going to do when US users faces the same problems many people have reported with LINK on this forums? do you consider it a good point?... i don not and we need to manage our backups, sync media!...

Contributor

Re: BlackBerry Link version 1.0.1.xx not working

[ Edited ]

They just put an article on their knowledge base:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33832

It seems more than a joke for the users, than a solution...

workaround "use another PC with link installed"! come on!

Solutions: 6,171
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

fbriceno97 wrote:

I proceed today to download and install the latest version 1.0.1.11 from blackberry page, before install it i did uninstalled the previous non working version (the PC detected the Z10 but LINK did not see it at all, no matter if it was via wifi or USB).

Could you please make sure you're connected a main rear USB port, not a hub or front PC USB port?

I'm also using Link on a Win7-64bit PC and all is well.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

Hi JSanders

Thanks for taking a look on this issue, right now i am on my windows XP SP3 machine, i only use rear USB ports... and no luck, it keeps showing a windows with "download and install Link". When i installed the latest version, so link is present but now is worse than before neither the PC sees the device. (device manager).

I have also tried rebooting the Z10 but is the same.

I posted this some weeks ago:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Link/BlackBerry-Link-can-not-communicate-with-the-...

and nobody, again nobody care about it

[ Edited ]

fbriceno97 wrote:

and nobody, again nobody care about it

You do know this is a user-to-user forum, not staffed by RIM techs? We're users just like you.

I noticed in your other thread you mentioned turning off any antivirus on the PC, would you do that again as well as any firewall software you have running (Windows firewall or otherwise, like Avast)?

Also, review this:

BlackBerry Link will not detect BlackBerry 10 smartphone when connected using USB  

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

First of all, you have given me the best answer available, as i did not know that there were no BlackBerry Techs giving support on these forums... so for me this forum is totally useless and i really really do not know why blackberry support on twitter say "when 140 chars are not enough use our forum for help"... anybody that read that statement understand that BlackBerry is in front of it. well....

Second, do you think that i have not already tried all of that on my PCs? (turning off antivirus and firewall, use airplane mode to connect, etc, etc). of course i have tried it all over with each version and NO GO, and if BLACKBERRY read all the complains that many users are having connecting link to their BB10's on "their forums" i think they will really care about it, i am not an isolated case... and the solution can not be to have no antivirus/firewall installed on our PCs.

I really do wish that BlackBerry get this solved before BB10 officialy hits USA...

Once again thanks for letting me know how this forum works.

Felix

Felix, no, I do not know what all you have done or tried or attempted. To do so would require reading of your mind and I just don't have that gift.

No one has misled you that this was an official support forum staffed by RIM techs. When first login or signup, you are told this that is a user-to-user forum, much like the name itself implies in "community".

I know my own device would not connect the first day. I disabled the antivirius and then the firewall and it connected. I have since re-enabled both, and I still connect perfectly fine.

If you do want assitance here, you're going to need to go step by step with ALL that you have already tried, and even perhaps be willing to try some of those again.

Your other option is to call movistar technical support and have the issue escalated up to BlackBerry technical support.

If you're just here to make the complaint, you've done that.

Knowledge Base Updates
Contributor

Well i should have been more clearer on my first post..

• Indicating that all BlackBerry "knowledge base" for this case have been useless, read everything, tip... and no GO.
  • That Movistar Venezuela is no giving support with BlackBerry Link as they officialy do not offer BlackBerry 10 yet.
  • When i ask Movistar to escalate my issue to BlackBerry the answer is NO for the same reason above.

Now you can have a better picture of my situation, @BlackBerryHelp told me to ask movistar to escalate this to BlackBerry Support.... NO GO.

All i had left was this forum and once again useless without RIMs Techs.

This is absurd, BlackBerry do not have Windows Machines on their facilities? nobody there faced or is facing this issue?, no support to latest windows 8?... come on, something is not right with BlackBerry Desktop Software Dpt, they took a lot of time to get a nice platform out and they did not take the time to further testing PC soft?..

My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I am also having problems and very upset that tech support for this issue is nowhere to be found... although I think BB has a pay service available.  You know it will be the service aspect that ultimately buries BlackBerry not their competitiveness or pricing etc... Nope it is going to be the fact the tech support is essentially non-existent. 

I want to sync some training videos so that I can review them on my way to work but there is always a connection issue.  I found that there is an option to create a log file to provide to customer support so they can help solve my issue.  But I cannot seem to find a customer support email to send the log file to.  So what good is that log file to me?

I am not even sure how to get the message to the BB Gods about the issue so I am not even they are aware of the problem.

What bugs me the most is that I bought the Z10 so can take advantage of the video feature and now I cannot even use it at all.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Cell-C

I was at the point of getting very agro abou this link setup not working and then tried a different USB port. Voila!!! everything works now.