Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Regular Contributor
mando245
My Device: Z10, 9900, 9000 and PB
My Carrier: T-mobile

Re: BlackBerry Link wasn't able to load your music library

I also have the problem as described : I have Windows Music Player as the source library

Please use plain text.
Contributor
saxacat
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Same problem here; Windows 8 Pro 64bit, using Windows Media Player. Now on Link version 1.1.0.33. still no joy.

Z10
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dcorneli204
My Carrier: Verizon

Ssssshhhhhhhh......c r i c k e t s....... Just kidding HB.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dcorneli204
My Carrier: Verizon

Any more progress on this problem?  Anything? 

Please use plain text.
Contributor
saxacat
My Carrier: O2

Not for me. I've tried a few new things:

Turning off all Firewall activity.

Deleting all libraries in WMP and creating them again.

Re-installing Link.

All of the above (plus combinations of each) have been suggested, but none made any differnce.

I can sync music from my Z10 through Link to my PC; but link cannot even see these tracks.

I have now given up; I will just transfer music via Windows.

I wonder why you can select folders for Documents, Pictures and Video, but not for Music.

Z10
Please use plain text.
Contributor
scoutyjones2
My Carrier: ATT

There is another topic where someone found success by closing BBLink and iTunes, went into Windows Control Panel-Programs-chose to repair itunes, then re opened it and it worked...not for me...same ol same ol...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scoutyjones2

Seems like poor software construction to me...why have it look for any music from iTunes or Windows media?  Why not just have the folder designation work/function like the other areas within BB Link?  Pretty stupid and again, poor design...

I doubt we see any movement of significance on this...

Please use plain text.
Contributor
scoutyjones2

Over/under on if this flaw in the software gets fixed by the end of May?  I will take the over...

Please use plain text.
Northern-Ice
My Device: Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile and Bell Mobility for 3 Z10's

I have two identical new HP ENVY desktops with Blackberry Link installed.  The syncing and library loading worked on one computer but not the other.  For the one that did not work for music, it did load pictures, videos, and documents and synced them all to the desktop.  It does not load music from either iTunes or any of my Z10’s.  Reinstalling Blackberry Link and repairing iTunes from the Control Panel Programs and rebooting has made no difference.  There may be some setting in Windows or iTunes, or I may need to actually reinstall iTunes to get this to work.  However, it seems to me that there is no major problem with the Blackberry software since I got this to load on one of the desktops.  One other problem though on the computer that worked though, is I ended up with multiple of pictures, videos, and documents – it seems that the sync procedure was copying everything, not just what was missing.  I think I also have that problem in the Blackberry Desktop software I use for my PlayBooks.  If I eventually find some fix for the loading problem, I will post more information.

Roy

Please use plain text.
Contributor
joeinoz
My Carrier: Telstra

Well same thing happened to me. I was able to load music earlier but now it says my Blackberry link is unable to load music and to restart it. Sigh. I guess no one has figured out a solution have they?

Please use plain text.