Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
boscha
My Device: BB Q10 (OS 10.1 - FW 10.1.0.4181)
My Carrier: O2-Germany

Blackberry Link - Outlook Sync issue

Hi there!

Today I noticed, that all (I suppose ...) birthday entries in BB Q10 calendar are shown one day earlier than they are shown in Outlook.

Example: the real birthday of a contact is May, 14. 1981 ... as shown at Outlook.

My Blackberry Q10 shows this synced contact with the birthday entry: May, 13. 1981

Is that a known issue... a bug??

I don't want to congratulate to someone's birthday a day before!!

I figured out that the described failure appears with the following time-Zone settings:

BB Q10: UTC+1 (Berlin)

Windows 7: UTC+1 (Berlin) and DSP +1 (automatically)

With these settings the calendar sync by BB-Link works properly, but the within the contact sync, the contact birthday entries are shown one day off (earlier).

Now I tried this:

BB Q10: UTC+1 (Berlin)

Windows 7 (and Outlook): UTC

The result is that the contact are synced properly now and the calendar entries are 2 hours to late...

Because of that I think there is a bug in BB-Link concerning the contact-sync!!!!

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks for all, Boscha

PS: the problem appears only in the contact app.... not in calendar

current device: BB Q10 (OS 10.1 - FW 10.1.0.4181)
former device: Bold 9780 (OS 6 - FW 6.0.0.534)
Carrier: O2-Germany
Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
Cpt_Sweatpants
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Blackberry Link - Outlook Sync issue

Hi boscha,

Because birthdays are configured in Outlook as All-Day events (12am-12am), if the Time Zone settings are not configured the same in Outlook and your device, it will throw off the event. 

For example, if the event in Outlook is set at UTC and you synchronize with your device, which is set to +1, the birthday now ranges from 11pm-11pm on your device, making the reminder occur the day before.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
boscha
My Device: BB Q10 (OS 10.1 - FW 10.1.0.4181)
My Carrier: O2-Germany

Re: Blackberry Link - Outlook Sync issue

Hi Cpt_Sweatpants,

the problem ist not the all-day-birthday-event in the calendar but the birthday-information at the contacts itself.

As described, my timezone settings on the Q10 and these on my Outlook are the same. And because of that, the calendar-sync between these two devices works properly.

The problem is, that the birthday at the contacts are shown a day earlier as they are... (and as they are shown in Outlook).

I figured out, that with using different timezones for synchronizing only contacts the mentioned birthdays are shown correct on my Q10.... I described this phenomenon above.

Perhaps I will try this with another pc...

Thanks!

boscha

current device: BB Q10 (OS 10.1 - FW 10.1.0.4181)
former device: Bold 9780 (OS 6 - FW 6.0.0.534)
Carrier: O2-Germany
Please use plain text.