Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Developer
DT655
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Blackberry Link and Windows 8

First off, love the Z10... not big on Link. It seems nice, but doesn't work well

Anyone else have trouble connecting there Z10 in Windows 8 pro

I have two windows 8 pro machines with Link installed.

Neither machine will connect at all with the phone. Z10 plugged in via USB nothing happens.. no attempted driver install, not connected in Link.

Tried Link on a Windows 7 pro machine... driver installed ok, link connected to phone for the first time, won't connect anymore and link crashes.

:smileysad:

good thing wi-fi drives show up fine, can still get files to my device.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: Blackberry Link and Windows 8

There are major problems with the Link software, especially with Windows 8.

It connects OK on my XP machine but I've read about lots of problems on Win 8.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Developer
DT655
My Device: Bold 9700 and Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Well that makes complete sense... wouldn't expect them to support such new OS's like Vista/7/8 at this stage... Guess I'll wait for these OS's to have more exceptance.... (sarcasim) WTF?

I'm sure their working on it... just glad to hear its not isolated to me.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Hopefully, they get this stuff worked out soon. They just updated the Link software but the main feature they added doesn't work...the OS reload feature.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
towngirl_04
My Device: Playbook; z10 & Love it!
My Carrier: Bell

No, it's not just you. Plugging in my z10 crashes my new Win8 pc.  :Censored:

Please use plain text.
Contributor
tundraeyes
My Device: Z10

Please give this a try. (I am also running Windows 8 >click to use Office 2013< and my Z10 running 10.1

If you've installed the latest BB Link (v1.2) you'll need to do a system restore of your PC to any time 'before' the date you installed it.
Once this is done, using Windows Explorer, you can drill down in C:\Program Files (X86)\Research In Motion to find the previous version of BB Link (probably v1.1.1.41). Simply click on subdirectory of BB Link, then BlackBerryLink.exe
You can then add it to your task bar for future use.

On your Z10, under Settings Menu, tap on Storage and Access. Then under the header Access to Storage, tap on USB Connection and change it to Connect to Windows, or if already set to that, change it back to Autodetect. (one of the two should work).

I went through all of this yesterday after installing BB Link V1.2 and it really messed up my PC and my phone. Now things have settled back and I am a happy camper again.
Hope my advice may help in some way.

Sincerely -

Please use plain text.