Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

mcalhoun
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Blackberry Link cannot communicate with device

I just purchased a Blackberry Q10 and installed the Blackberry Link software on my PC (Windows 8 OS).  In trying to sync my contacts on the Q10 with those in Outlook, I have a message in Link which says Cannot Communicate with Device.  I am using the USB cable to connect the PC to the Q10 and the device complete with Pin number shows up in Link.  I have already executed the Reload command once and to no help.  The Q10 is a replacement for a Torch and I have unistalled the old Blackberry Desktop software since it appeared to conflict with Blackberry Link.

Please use plain text.
Developer
rlvl
My Device: Z10 LE

Re: Blackberry Link cannot communicate with device

I faced a similar issue with my Z10. What eventually worked for me was connecting the device, going to device manager > network adapters > blackberry , uninstall driver. Disconnect the device while BB Link is on and then reconnect the device. The BB Link re-installed the driver and detected my device. It will ask for your device pin
Please use plain text.
sidharrtha
My Device: Blackberry Q10 - SQN 100-3

Thank you RLVL your advice worked like a charm.

Thanks again and regards,

Sid
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
chrisjcotton
My Device: Z10

Excellent solution....worked straight away for me too on my Z10....shame I didn't see this before I followed the BBlink instruction and reset to factory settings.

Thanks

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrei_I

too bad that the solution doesn't work for my z10

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gbrandberg
My Device: Q10

I'm having the same problem and have tried the driver solution above but unfortunately without resolving the problem.

I manage to communicate with my Q10 on a different computer with the same priviliges but not on my own computer. I have full admin rights.

Please help!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gbrandberg

I have solved my problem: After removing the driver (as per post above), I plugged in the Q10 again. The trick is to quickly cancel the driver installation from being done through windows update. All you have to do is to double click on the pop up window on your bottom right and press SKIP. It will then install the driver directly from your phone and not the internet.

Hope this helps..

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrei_I

Thank you for your advice, but no, it doesn't work, if I press the skip the driver is not found.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gbrandberg

the driver should aready be in the phone. try turning off your internet

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Andrei_I

[ Edited ]

Still nothing, the same result, no driver found.strange, bblink can't communicate with device, but on the left side tells me that the phone is connected(there is no WI-fi sign, so the cable is ok,the usb ports are also ok) ...I really don't know what else to do, after 3 factory restore, a few time bblink install and reinstall, after a clean windows reinstall and 2 security wipes no result.Strange thing is that on the phone,at the BBlink settings I can see 3 paired PC, but I only recognize one of them, the other two are named desktop-38CD and Desktop-0A6D and I can't see the data inside,and if I delete them,after a while I found those two back there, I've made myself another BB ID, and use it after a security wipe, then the only paired PC was mine, the others two were gone, but the problem with the bblink and z10 persist, now I use the old ID... Thank you for your time,

Please use plain text.