Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
sks1
My Device: Z30

Blackberry Link software not supporting all fields mapping from MS Outlook Contacts to Z30

I am using a Z30 and running MS Outlook 2007 on my laptop. I manually sync MS Outlook Contacts and Calendar using the USB cable.

The Calendar seems to sync fine. However, some phone fields in the contact do not map onto my Z30, e.g., Car, Other Fax. In the past Desktop 6.0 and 7.0, I was able to manually set the mapping fields and had set Car to Mobile 2 in my Bold device. That seems to have disappeard. Also, Business 2 used to map onto Work Phone 2 in my Bold. Now, Business and Business 2 from Outlook both show us as Work and Work (no distinction) in the Z30.

Is BB fixing this sync issue so all fields can be mapped or the user can select the mapping?

Any way around this? Help appreciated. Thanks.

Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: Z10

Re: Blackberry Link software not supporting all fields mapping from MS Outlook Contacts to Z30

Worth a look see:   http://bb10outlooksync.com/    this is what they claim,   

Keep Microsoft Oultook synchronzied with BlackBerry® 10 devices with a USB cable. No Exchange Server or Cloud services required. Our product restores the legacy USB sync functionality that shipped with BlackBerry Classic devices.

New Contributor
sks1
My Device: Z30

Re: Blackberry Link software not supporting all fields mapping from MS Outlook Contacts to Z30

Thanks, I will look into this solution. I hope that BB would fix this on their next upgrade of BB Link sync software.
Forums Advisor III
fyip
My Device: Z10

Your welcome, good luck !