Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
Enemarxist
My Device: Torch

Re: Blackberry Link won't sync Contacts

My contacts are still stuck on my old 9800. I wish there was a way to transfer them to my sim card. I'm really struggling without them. Unfortunately I have no way to export them, transfer them to a online email service or move them to my sim card. They are just stuck.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Enemarxist wrote:
My contacts are still stuck on my old 9800. I wish there was a way to transfer them to my sim card. I'm really struggling without them. Unfortunately I have no way to export them, transfer them to a online email service or move them to my sim card. They are just stuck.

Hello,

Using the SIM would actually, IMHO, be one of the worst solutions. The SIM phone book is far less robust than the BB Address Book, and the result is not pleasing at all.

But I'm surprised you cannot export from your BB...such is a very normal set of functions, when conducted correctly and with the proper tools. For instance, using Desktop Software 6 or lower, there is an Export to CSV capability, which you could then import into an on-line service for synchronization to your Z10. Or, you could configure your 9800 to sync with Outlook, and then complete the steps necessary for Outlook to sync with an on-line service, and thereby be able to sync to your Z10.

So, I am quite curious about your being "stuck" here...for there must be more information which we do not yet know concerning that. Then again, I read in your prior posts that you prefer to not use something "in the cloud"...so it may be that you require the direct transfer method. There are many threads on the topic, and I know some who have gotten it to work...I'd recommend you seek out other threads on the topic and see what they have succeeded with (sorry, I have no links as that method was not necessary for me).

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor
Enemarxist

Thanks for the advice on the sim card. As for extra information, I encountered the unknown address book problem with my 9800. After rectifying that and updating the Link software I was hoping my problems would be solved. I guess I need to find a copy of desktop 6 so I can export my contacts.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Here is one location:

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
ElizC
My Device: z10

Contributor
Enemarxist

Thanks for all the great help. Problem solved!

I also used this link: http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=CD0E00BD6C59EC54FE8E96B6F4E31CDF?
Contributor
Enemarxist

Regular Contributor
zeyadq8
My Device: BB10 With sadness

1.  Your not the only one

2. Install this sync software with Google gmail until  the people in BB wake up and fix the problem since many have started returning their BB10   its free

http://sourceforge.net/projects/googlesyncmod/?source=dlp

New Contributor
snorms

Well said. Shame on you Blackberry. You loose.
New Contributor
snorms

I will not leave my Torch for Z10. I'll begin the search for a different replacement device today. No Organizer Sync, No Z10 for me!