Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Visitor
wlang
My Device: Z10

Calendar & Contacts Sync Option Grayed Out

I have the latest software on my Z10. I have Link version 1.1.1.26. I use Outlook 2010. When I select my BB device then try to sync my Outlook Contacts and Calendar the option is there but is is grayed and is not live. What am I missing?

Please use plain text.
Retired
FozzieBear
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Calendar & Contacts Sync Option Grayed Out

[ Edited ]

Hello wlang,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Please ensure a compatible version of Outlook is installed on the system where BlackBerry Link is installed.

System requirements and compatibility information for BlackBerry Link may be found here.

BlackBerry Link does not support synchronization with Click-to-run installations of Microsoft Office 2010, since Click-to-run does not optimize MAPI. For more information, see KB24040.

(If Click-to-run is installed, the account to which Microsoft Outlook 2010 Click-to-run connects can be added to the BlackBerry 10 device and wireless contact and calendar synchronisation can be enabled. This will allow Outlook and the BlackBerry 10 device to remain wirelessly synchronised through the account to which Outlook 2010 connects using Click-to-run.)

If Click-to-run is not installed please complete the process shown in KB02206 and reinstall using the steps listed under the Additonal Information section of the article.

Let us know if this helps.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Visitor
gemaloof
My Device: Q10

Absolutely no help at all.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
jrcatfan
My Device: Z10

I now have the same problem. BB Link and my Z10, when plugged in did connect and I had the sync option and it worked. The sync option is now stays gray and I can't sync.

Please use plain text.