Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
vincentksunrich
My Device: z10

Can't install Blackberry Link in window XP

Hi all, when I install Blackberry Link in window XP, error prompts up

"Error signature

AppName: peermanager.exe   AppVer: 1.1.0.14   ModName: msvcr100.dll

ModVer: 10.0.40219.1                Offset: 0008d6fd"

Already tried different methods, applied window updates, installed MS Visual C++ 2010 SP1 Redistributable Package, installed MS .NET Framework 4.0 Client..., etc, still prompts up error. Can anyone help me??

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

Re: Can't install Blackberry Link in window XP

I have some questions...

How much RAM in the computer?

Type of CPU?

Amount of available disk space?

Check out the minimum PC requirements for Link.

Try this:

Open Windows Explorer with the Win - E -    keys at the same time. Or open Win Explorer as you normally do. Left mouse click on Drive C. Select and go to Properties. Run Disk Cleanup.  When it is finished clear the cache.

Then select Tools.

Select Error Checking or Check Disk. Put the check mark on Automatically Fix File System Errors.  Re-start the computer.  On the next startup, Checkdisk will do its work.

Now see if the Link will install.  If it does not install, there may be something the blackberry tech support can help you with.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vincentksunrich

Thanks for your reply!

I have checked the requirements, my notebook fullfill the requirments. And after installed BB Link, the error prompts up.

And I have some idea that the peermanager.exe is talking about BB VPN network. As I can install BB link in my desktop, but prompt error in notebook. Checked my desktop, there is BB VPN connected, however, disconnected in notebook. Is it the problem there??

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vincentksunrich

Hi all, Can I ignore the peermanger.exe and keep continue to use the BB Link software?? Because I think that peermanager.exe is about VPN network only.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
jerryg50
My Device: Torch, Bold, Play Book, and Bluetooth HS-700

I tried the Link software with an XP computer. This is an old computer with only 500mb of RAM. It did not run very well on this computer, therefore I uninstalled it. I found the Link software runs terrific and fairly fast on any of the Win7 computers I installed it on.

Jerry G.
Please use plain text.