Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
xadium
My Carrier: O2

Contacts/Calendar Sync

Due to a litany of problems I'm facing with getting my Z10 to actually connect to *any* accounts, it would have been fairly useful to be able to import contacts either from native apps or via vCard through BlackBerry Link to my device (this is on MacOS but applies equally on Windows).

Please consider adding this in future.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
gilles737
My Carrier: -

Re: Contacts/Calendar Sync

Contacts is not an issue but as you said CALENDAR sync is just a nightmare. Nothing is working properly. You get it for 2 sec and then everything disapear. It is so frustrating. GMAIL, ICAL, nothing is working correctly. 

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: Contacts/Calendar Sync

hello xadium,

as far as I understand things, apart from the restore from a backup, the BlackBerry10 phones can only sync email/contacts/calendar through the cloud, using either ActiveSync, or POP/IMAP + CardDAV + CalDAV.

sync can be done by any provider that has that (outlook.com/hotmail, GoogleMail, YahooMail and so on).

This does not seem a feature that will be brought to the BlackBerry Link in the future, but on the contrary a deliverate move.

Sorry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nicslou
My Carrier: Bell

z 10 Contacts/Calendar Sync

Hey BB,

The Hub is great, the link is ok - very slow to move media and not alot of flexibility

Why can't I sync mac ical or contacts or notes????  It worked on my torch but with the OS10 no sync

Can someone out there help - I really want to keep this phone but without the sync to these it's useless and not current in its abilities.  

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Re: z 10 Contacts/Calendar Sync

hello,

if you have a Mac I think the easiest for you is to add your ical calendar and your contacts directly to the Z10 without using the BlackBerry Link.

You simply need to add a new CardDav contact account and a new CalDav calendar account in the advanced settings of the BlackBerry Hub.

I do not have information on how to sync your Apple notes to BlackBerry Remember.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
nicslou
My Carrier: Bell

Thanks - that was the issue- that the z10 has not recognized the caldav account.  Contacts are sync but not calendar or notes.  Previous post found BB release that they're lost on the issue.  I've been waiting thinking they'd get their ducks in row pending the US release.  

Get on it Blackberry - some people are hoping you succeed!

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

Hello nicslou,

this article from the public knowledge base may help you:

KB33729 iCloud calendar account fails to integrate on BlackBerry 10

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
snorms
My Carrier: Verizon

Here, here. Blackberry, what were you thinking? There seems to be a whole lot of us that will either return the Z10 or not go near it because of this.
Please use plain text.