Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Telekom

Contacts do not appear in phone

[ Edited ]

I installed BB Link yesterday to transfer outlook (2007) calendar and contact information to a newly bought Z10 via USB.  No previous BB device. Two problems occured:

(1) All-Day-Entries in the calendar are modified during the transfer, as they appear in the phone's calendar starting one day earlier at 10 pm, thus ranging over 2 days.

(2) Much worse, the software indicates that (~200) contacts were transfered to the phone. None of them can be found in the 'contacts'-appof the phone, though.

I use outlook 2007/Windows Vista, sync via USB (I do not want to establish a gmail-account just for the purpose  of transfer), and BlackBerry Link. 1.0.1.17 

I already updated the phone-software and thus resetted the phone. Besides, I de- and reinstalled BB Links and repeated the procedure. 

This is extremely annoying. I won't transfer 200 contacts manually.

What can I do?

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Contacts do not appear in phone

Hey Koni,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you I have a couple questions:

Are your Microsoft Outlook Contacts stored locally?

(This feature supports import of locally stored contacts and calendar appointments that are not syncing to an online source. If your Microsoft Outlook contacts and calendar appointments are syncing with an online source such as Microsoft Exchange, they will not transfer over.)

What is the time zone set to on the BlackBerry smartphone, Microsoft Outlook and the PC?

Thank you.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Thanks for your response. Contacts are stored merely locally. No online service, no exchange server involved. Time zone is Berlin / Amsterdam for both PC and Z10.
New Contributor

No advice? So I have to do that manually? And you seriously want to compete with Apple's iPhone?

Funny