Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Converting back to BB 9900 if I can't handle the Z10 keyboard

I have been a BlackBerry user since the 7000 Series. For software demos a couple of years ago, I got an iPhone 4. I could never get used to the iPhone virtual keyboard. So I have never used the iPhone for anything other than software demos!

The virtual keyboard on the Z10 looks very interesting ... but I am not sure if I can get used to a virtual keyboard. So my  question is: if I get a Z10 and realize that I do need a physical keyboard, will I be able to convert my data back from the Z10 to BB 9900 format until the Q10 comes out?

Thanks very much,

John

Forums Veteran I
My Device: PlayBook 32 & 64 GB & Torch 9860
My Carrier: Teksavvy

Re: Converting back to BB 9900 if I can't handle the Z10 keyboard

Do you have a PlayBook? If you can use the virtual keyboard on the PlayBook you should be able to easily handle the Z10. I believe I saw that the Q10 will be available in April, that is only 60 days away, can't you wait that long? I don't think you will be able to downgrade your data because it has a different OS but I may be wrong.
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

I actually bought a keyboard for my PlayBook Smiley Wink

As to waiting that long, I don;t want to but may have to. I'll call Rogers support after the Z10 comes out and see what they say...

Thanks,

John

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

johnm243 wrote:

So my  question is: if I get a Z10 and realize that I do need a physical keyboard, will I be able to convert my data back from the Z10 to BB 9900 format until the Q10 comes out?

hello,

three facts:

• backup/restore on a 9900 requires the BlackBerry Desktop Software (you cannot do that with BlackBerry Link)
  • backup/restore on a Z10 requires the BlackBerry Link (you cannot do that with BlackBerry Desktop Software)
  • migrating from a 9900 to a Z10 is done through BlackBerry Link

so the question is :

• can the Desktop Software us the backups made from the BlackBerry Link

==> I don't know, sorry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

that being said, you can use your 9900 and your Z10 at the same time, apart from the phone/sms part.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: