Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
punji
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Device Switch Using Link - Contacts successfully transferred except phone numbers

Hi,

Hopefully someone can I identify this problem.  

Previous Device - 9900 

Provider - Bell Mobility

OS - 7.1 (Last update)

to

Z10

moved BBM contacts over using prior (was playing with the phone over wifi) and it moved my bbm contacts over using my blackberry id.

[1st ATTEMPT]

Used the device to transfer information - everything went smoothly.  Except the contact transfer. IT moved all my contacts over, and then created duplicate records from who knows where. with just one piece of information.  

Ex

Alvin Williams

- FB Contact Info

- Linked in contact info

- work email addy

Alvin willams

- personal email addy

but here is the strangest part.  IT DIDNT MOVE ANY PHONE NUMBERS.

[SECOND ATTEMPT]

I ERASED ALL MY EMAIL ACCOUNTS and SOCIAL MEDIA accounts, and tried it againa nd the same thing happened from phone, did a system restore.

And still no phone numbers

Very fustrating, I wonder if android or iphone users have to suffer this much.  

Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
punji
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Re: Device Switch Using Link - Contacts successfully transferred except phone numbers

Thanks for the great help guys!

After turning of the additional contact information, I realize my issue is like everyone elses.  I have to tell you.

THIS IS RETARDED.

The company 3 years to get this right, I can understand software bugs, but how do they drop the ball on migration from the same platform.

Unbelievable

Anyways... I think the safest way for anyone with a 9900 to transfer the contact information is (After they got burnt with the sync)

[1] Restore to Default

[2] Restore from Legacy Files (Media files)

[3] Pair the 9900 with the Z10 - and send contacts by bluetooth.

or figure out how to sync online :smileysad:

Please use plain text.