Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Visitor
Rappy71168
My Device: Blackberry z10 STL100-1

Downloaded the Blackberry link but can't install it.

i recently acquired the Z10. i downloaded the Blackberry link to my laptop but can't get it to open to install. Keep getting an error message.

Pse assist as i need to transfer my contacts to my new phone.

Retired
hatchback
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 Smartphone

Re: Downloaded the Blackberry link but can't install it.

Hey Rappy71168,

Welcome to the BlackBerry® Support Community Forums.

To better assist you can you please provide the full error message you receive? And what Operating system are you using on your PC?

Thanks.

-HB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
amrovor
My Device: Z10

Re: Downloaded the Blackberry link but can't install it.

i am having the same issues. downloaded the installer at a dismally slow pace from blackberry.com, and it won't install on a vista laptop. downloaded the next version, same problem. tried it on a vista desktop machine, same issue.

the vague error, or the lack of an error, is that there is a problem and the installer is backing out of the install. in trying to load a few things manually, i found that some of the windows fixes were not installing, causing the link install to abort.,

both my systems are up to date, and only run in admin access, so any hotfixes should apply with no problems. and considering i've done this on two vista machines with the same results, it ain't me, it's you.

furthermore, i figured i'd try the bbm channels beta and provide some feedback to desperately needed simple bb10 features such as individual caller blocking, and the ability to have the browser save files to the media card. SERIOUS oversight there. try to load the channels installer, and i am told my z10 is not connected to the computer. i even got that message when i was trying the installer FROM the z10's sd card.

with this and all the other issues going on with blackberry an android phone is looking really good right now.