Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
Adzahar
My Device: Z10

Driver for Z10

I am using a laptop with Windows 7 Pro. Somehow the installation of device driver could not be completed after numerous attempts. Until today, I have yet to use the BlackBerry Link. 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Driver for Z10

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As with legacy BBs, installation of the LINK software is necessary so as to also install the proper drivers for the Z10 hardware. Even if you do not intend to use Link, you must nevertheless install it -- and, I believe run it at least once, with your Z10 connected, so that it can configure your computer properly.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
Adzahar
My Device: Z10

Thanks for the advice. Unfortunately, I've got the same result.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

OK, then please provide greatly expanded details. From what little you've provided, it's impossible to make any guesses whatsoever. Please provide the exact steps you took, the exact results of each step, and the exact and complete content of any and all error messages that were presented.

Thanks!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code