Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

JSanders
Solutions: 5,993
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: For the Love of All Things (edited) -- FIX BB LINK!

You're welcome.

I do now see the apology several posts up.

Please take pictures & remind them of my birthday.

The app backup error could be Instagram, though my backup works fine with the same installed. And several other side loads. Could be any app. Could be some app stored data, perhaps even corrupted browser bookmarks. I don't know. That would take some troubleshooting to discover

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
JSanders

No, right now still no specific data backup like contacts only. We're waiting.

How are your contacts installed? Local, synced with an email account?

I back my contacts up separately with an app named InTouch contacts back up. I believe it's free. Even if the Link did specifically backup contacts, I want a third backup for safety.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
DVader
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 & PlayBook

JSanders wrote:
You're welcome.

I do now see the apology several posts up.

Please take pictures & remind them of my birthday.

The app backup error could be Instagram, though my backup works fine with the same installed. And several other side loads. Could be any app. Could be some app stored data, perhaps even corrupted browser bookmarks. I don't know. That would take some troubleshooting to discover

Ahh :smileyhappy: good LOL Again sorry for ranting, but BB has been working on these new phones so long I think some of us BB loyalist were expecting near pefection.

Well considering that Android apps aren't written for BlackBerry OS it could be a number of things.  Maybe it is the version of Instagram I am using (well I just loaded it, I hardly use it, I don't really get what everything is raving about LOL It's Flickr with Filters LOL).

I think that is the only Android App I have Sideloaded, but had others at one time.

I am having an OTHER DATA issue on the 16GB portion of the device storage.  Could that be a problem?  The only way I know to blow that out is a software reload. 

Regular Contributor
DVader

JSanders wrote:
No, right now still no specific data backup like contacts only. We're waiting.

How are your contacts installed? Local, synced with an email account?

I back my contacts up separately with an app named InTouch contacts back up. I believe it's free. Even if the Link did specifically backup contacts, I want a third backup for safety.

Are contacts stored under settings though (when you backup)?  I want to reload the OS on the phone, if I backup my settings am I going to lose my contacts?

Currently my contacts are all local.  I don't really use Outlook for Contacts at all, and the Link Software didn't give me any more options.  I certainly don't want all my friends phone numbers synced to Outlook.

JSanders

Yes, local contacts would be in your settings.

But for safety and surety, use a third party backup like InTouch

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/72643/?countrycode=US

Download, install that and backup.

What other absolutely important data is on your Z10, like contacts, that you can't afford to lose? Don't worry about the media card.

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
DVader

JSanders wrote:

I think I used to have Intouch, Downloading it again.  When I used it before the backup function would not work. 

Regular Contributor
DVader

JSanders wrote:

Gotcha, this app is working great now.  Before it wasn't backing up.  I am a little sketched that it's free and storing all my contact data LOL.  They have to make money somehow so I hope my friends and family are not slammed with telemarketing calls. :smileyhappy:

Do you have any solutions for contact duplicates?  On the Old BB I would DL just my contacts pull it into another program and save it and it would get rid of the dupes.  I have found the contact linking feature is problematic because if you link 2 contacts with different names and go to edit that name, sometime what you just editted comes right back.  Also when you mark a linked contact as favorite sometimes the alternate profile comes up in your favorites too so you have 2 of the same contact there.

JSanders

Are they actual local contacts duplicates, or dupes of the Local contact with the Facebook contact, with the twitter contact, etc?

Knowledge Base Updates
Regular Contributor
DVader

JSanders wrote:

Are they actual local contacts duplicates, or dupes of the Local contact with the Facebook contact, with the twitter contact, etc?

Some are just plain dupes, not sure how they got in there, I used to be able to take care of that on my Torch with a few third party apps, but the data formats are different on BB10 and I can't backup just contacts yet.

The InTouch Application actually does work now and it will auto merge duplicate contacts which is good news.  However I can't get it to back up more than 1000 contacts ( am in touch with support).  My contact book says I have 2700 but that must include FaceBook, Twitter, etc.  Maybe if I temporarily disable them I can get InTouch just to see my local contacts.  I will give that a shot, just need to find those settings, but I think I remember where they are.

JSanders

Mine had to sit for like 30-45 to get my 1750+ contacts backed up.

No, it doesn't backup those synced by Facebook, twitter, etc. Only the local and email-synced contacts.

Knowledge Base Updates