Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
wnbb
My Device: z10

Getting my music onto my Z10

The contents view in the Link software shows no music on my PC, but there's plenty. Following the directions from the Link software help, i'm unable to add a library folder which contains my music. The help refers to an "add folder" option or icon in the contents view, but there is none. If i select pictures, videos and documents, the "add folder" icon is present, and the Link software can see all of those just fine. Any idea what's going on?

Please use plain text.
Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Getting my music onto my Z10

Hey wnbb,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

There is no option to add a folder through BlackBerry Link.  You can drag and drop the songs down to the bottom of the BlackBerry in BlackBerry Link.  You can also add the music files through My Computer as well.  Open the Drive letter that is set for the BlackBerry Z10 and open the Music Folder.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wnbb

Yes, i can use the file manager to copy all the music, but i was unable to do it using Link. The manual talks about the "add folder" option in Link, which i don't believe exists. It also talks about dragging and dropping songs in Link, as you've described above, but i was unable to do that either. Just wondering if there was something i needed to do, like upgrade software (i'm using 1.0.1.17)?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
parlabane
My Device: Not Specified

Link pulls music from Windows Media Player or iTunes.

It has no way to just point at a folder.

(However, you can point Windows Media Player at a folder.)

Please use plain text.
Contributor
wnbb

Hmmm. It's a brand new computer running Windows 8. I only recently transferred all my music to it and maybe even played a song or two but i'm not positive the application is Windows Media player (just the default player). I'll check. Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
saxacat
My Device: Z10

I have this same problem. I have Windows 8 Pro 64bit and am using the default music folder to store all my music; I use Windows Media Player as my default music player.

Blackberry link does not see any of my music. I had hoped this would be resolved in the latest update (1.0.1.33) but it has not. I can sync music from my Z10 to my PC and it appears in a folder (presumably created by Link) in the My Music folder on the PC; but Link cannot even see that.

I love my Z10, but Blackberry Link is a pretty awful piece of software.

Z10
Please use plain text.
Contributor
wnbb

Yes that is annoying, but at least we can install the music manually using File Manager. You talk about awful software, iTunes is a joke. I was previously a BlackBerry user but had decided to take the plunge and try the iPhone. I quickly discovered there were more work-arounds than actual features. After a couple of months of iAnnoyance, i was so sick to my stomach that i absolutely had to get rid of it.
Please use plain text.
rmarsh
My Device: Torch and Z10

Although my phone is seen and connected in Link, no drive letter is available.  Tried uninstalling and reconnecting phone all to no avail.

Please use plain text.