Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Help with contact transfer from BB9900 to Z10

to anyone who still have the issue:
on your previous BlackBerry phone, did you put all you contacts in contacts groups?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: BELL

Yes one of my friend's 9700 has 367 Entries who some how became part of his old work email address group. Now Those 367 Entries are not synching Via BT or Link or etc etc .. 

Is there any way to remove these contacts from thats old work address list ? he no longer works there and the address no longer exisit

P.S - this is his personal phone 9700 and the contacts are not synched to BES or BIS or any Wireless Sync .. very strange .. 

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

hello,

if your friend wants to take 100% of what the Z10 can do in terms of emails&contacts&calendar, I strongly advise his/her that they transfer the 367 entries to a BIS account (googlemail,yahoomail,outlook.com or any other email provider).

then the sync will happen online through the cloud and without requiring BlackBerry Link.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: O2

Got a solution to this one now. 

on your BB 9800 go to

Options>

Device >

Advance System Settings >

Default Services

you  should ( at least I did) see three " Default placements for new items"

Calender (CICAL)

...@email adress

Contact List (SYNC)

...@email adress

Messaging (CMIME)

...@email adress

Make sure all of these are the same email address, and that this is the same email address you used as you Blackberry ID on you new Z10. only one of mine was set to the right acc. once you have this done check your new phone and as if by magic or voodoo all you phone numbers will have appeared!

Well, at least I think that's what did it! 

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Telus

You need Exchange Email, Outlook, Desktop Software and Microsoft ExchangeActiveSync. Go into your old device, Advanced System Settings, Default Services, Contact List(SYNC). Click it. It should show Personal, Unknown, Unknown (or something like that) These are your total contacts. I had over 300 split 3 ways. Connect your old device to Desktop Software. Now go into Device-Backup-Custom where you can set a specific back up of each contact list to Outlook. As the list is sent your Outlook will update. If you added a work email like I did you probably never added the Exchange Active SYNC. I have an Exchange Email so with a little help deleted and re-added my Work email and in the Advanced Section added the ActiveSYNC. The Key is to send your contacts one group at a time to Outlook. I did this by going back to my 9800 and in the Default Services starting with personal. When you SYNC only your contacts to Outlook it will send a list . When the Default Service is changed to the Unknown Account and Saved, when the SYNC is done it recognizes the change and asks if you want to proceed.I did that and MY Outlook filled up. On a Cycle your Z10 will grab the contacts from Outlook and Presto! I suppose the same could be done for a calendar. This worked for me. I read some blogs and did a little digging. If I missed anything or confuse anyone my apologies as I am trying to remember what I did. ....
eyi
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MTN

Re: Help with contact transfer from BB9900 to Z10 solved

I tranfered via bluetooth and its worked