Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
davsch61
My Device: Blackberry Q10

How to sync Q10 with outlook calendar through the cloud on a remote laptop

Hello all, I took delivery of a new work mobile today (BB Q10). All set up with my work email installed. Told I can set up to have my work calendar on it as well - great. Got home, installed latest version of BB Link on my laptop (C Drive), connected the device via USB and got stuck.

It appears to be only willing to sync with a local (C Drive) version of Outlook which was set up for my personal email account (Gmail) That is not the one I want. I want the work one in the cloud. We log in to the whole MS Office 2007 package via the cloud using a Citrix app.

I know it can be done as a colleague already uses it successfully but he does not work local to me and neither of us are particularly computer savvy.

Can anybody help please. The only bits I want are the actual calendar, no contacts etc.

Thanks

Dave

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
davsch61
My Device: Blackberry Q10

Re: How to sync Q10 with outlook calendar through the cloud on a remote laptop

Have been directed to a solution which works for me.  

1. select calendar from the app screen

2. do a down swipe on that screen

3. select manage from the options at top of screen

4. de-click all calendars which are listed except the one you want.

I selected my work calendar and hey presto, it instantly loaded up (my BB Q10 and my remote laptop are both on same wifi network so auto update.

Its like magic

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jsteinert
My Device: Q10

Re: How to sync Q10 with outlook calendar through the cloud on a remote laptop

I wish that would work for me. I had used BB devices for years until my work took them away and gave me a Samsung Galaxy 4S. I'd been using that for the last 3-4 months, but I just hated it so I went on eBay and bought myself a new Q10. I used device switch and everything moved over except my weekend work schedules. All my other appointments moved over, so I'm not sure why that didn't. I've tried almost everything. The old BB Desktop software used to work great, but now we have to use BB Link, and there is no option for me to sync my calendar from my home iMac, or my work PC laptop.....very frustrating! I should not have to enter it all again manually. I really like the phone, but I can't figure out why BB Link is so limited. There should be an option built in to sync appointments from a Mac or a PC.

Please use plain text.