Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
MrJake
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

I get a bluescreen when I start bb link

When I connect my new BB Z10 to my pc which is running window  7 64bits via the usb cable and start blackberry link, I get a blue screen and winblows restarts. I had turned on develope mode to start feeding it some android apps and i wonder if thats what I did wrong. Must I turn off dev mode before connecting to bb link?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: I get a bluescreen when I start bb link

Hey MrJake,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Developer mode would not cause the blue screen as I can use it with Link with no issue.  We are going to need to gather some logs from BlackBerry Link to further investigate.  I suggest contacting your network service provider and asked to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can find the root cause.

Thank you.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RobertoB
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: 5149785717

I have the same issue, IT said issue comes from BB Link software. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling several times, every time the BB Link is installed and phone is connected USB, PC crashes (blue screen). IT called BB support and the individual at the other end constantly put IT on hold, presumably to gather information from a superior. At the end of the day the isssue wasn't solved. I am returning the BB Z10 today, going for a steady and proven platform...APPLE.

It behooves me as to why BB would come out with a new product, and have such ridiculous tech support. My guess is sales are high off the start, but as the problems and unsolved issues start coming in (and they will), the returns of the product will shadow the initial frenzy. BB has learned nothing, AGAIN!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
MrJake
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell Mobility

Well for some reason, no more bluescreens. But I can not backup my device. It always fails near 70% and does not give any specific reasons why

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
RobertoB
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: 5149785717

I'm done with the Berry...........they've had their chance. Apple isn't a Godsend, but hey you plug it in and it works. I don't know if yourself or your IT guy called BB support, but all I can tell you is they have some dimwhits answering somewhere else than Canada as a first line, if they can't solve the issue they fork it over to BB support in Ontario. At least in ON they speak english!! Good grief....................

Please use plain text.
Contributor
bwrvt94
My Device: Z10/PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Rogers

I get the same problem... When I connect my Z10 my pc show the blue screen and reboots (windows7 64)

It only seems to happen when I have wifi sync on and plug in the USB as well

Any ideas?

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
dinol
My Device: Not Specified

Anyone knows how to resolv this issue?

Please use plain text.