Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
My Device: Z-10, STL100-2
My Carrier: ORANGE

Import contacts and calendar appointments from MS Outlook

About 6 months ago I purchased a Z-10 and have been struggling ever since with the transfer of contacts from my BB Bold 9000.  I have version 1.1.1.32  BB Link in my computer, which I thought was the latest. I have version 10.1.0.2312 BB software in my Z10, which I installed last week.

My version of BB Link says that my terminal software does not  support the synchronization of contacts and calendars with Outlook. There is no option of importing these files from Outlook. I have tried to find the BB Link version 1.0.1 but have been presented only with 1.1.1.32.  If Link says my terminal software can't do it, and it was the latest version available, what next?

Gus2013:smileysad:

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Import contacts and calendar appointments from MS Outlook

Hi Gus2013,

Can you please provide a bit more detail on this issue?
What version of Microsoft Outlook are you using?
Is it a Click-to-run installation or is it using a connector add-on?
Are your calendar and contacts stored locally on the computer in a .pst file?
When your BlackBerry Z10 smartphone is connected via usb, do you have the synchronization options displaying in BlackBerry Link?
When do you receive the message that the software does not support synchronization?
Is this when you are trying to configure the synchronization settings?

I look forward to your response.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

Greetings, FS,

First, I am using MS Outlook 2010 on one machine and 2007 on another; to avoid complications, let us stay with 2010.

Second, I have Outlook installed on my laptop as part of MS Office 2010. I don't know what you mean by "click to run" unless the fact that I click on the Outlook icon and it opens satisfies that question.

Third, I believe the calendar and contacts files are stored on my hard disc in .pst files, but I don't know how to verify that. When I check that file, it says that I can only open it with Outlook, but it is a .pst file.

Fourth, when my Z10 is connected to the laptop with usb cable, every connection works except for BB Link. To connect to BB Link I can only use wireless! Strange, no? I have the sync options displayed when I click on the terminal icon, but only "Delete Terminal" is highlighted. Non of the other options are active.

And fifth, since I last posted, I have not been able to find the window that said my terminal software does not support sync of contacts and calendar data. I can configure the settings, but I can not sychronize.

I have been tempted to reload BB Link. I do not want to mess with the Z10 software, because the last time I updated to version 10.1.0.2312 it wiped out 90 percent of my contact data.

I hope you have some fine suggestions; please note that I am definitely not a computer expert. My business is oil and gas facility engineering and construction.

Gus2013:Rolleyes:

Contributor

Hello again FS,

Following my last reply to your questions, I have updated my terminal software to version 10.1.0.4181; no apparant side-effects. However, I still find that BB Link (version 1.1.1.32) still will not connect to my terminal via USB cable. Only the wireless connection works. This lets me sync videos, documents, etc., but does NOT let me sync contacts and calendar data and does NOT let me safegard. The same observation as in my first repy: the only action highlighted when I click on the terminal window is the deletion of the terminal. Safegard and synchronization of contacts and calendar are not alive.

What shall I do??

Gus2013:Helpsmilie:

Contributor

I found that the reason I could not connect via USB is because I was using a USB cable fabricated to charge the battery; it seems that some bright star has decided that one needs a different cable to sync.

Thanks everybody for your help. Problem solved.

Gus2013