Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
brookesa
My Device: Z10

Installing BB Link kills my internet connectivity

Blackberry Link seems to install normally on my WinXP SP3 workstation. Once installed however, all internet connectivity on the workstation is lost - I cannot access any web sites, although I can still access devices on my LAN. I get stuck at page 2 when I launch BB Link, as it wants to log in with my BB ID, but cannot locate the internet site to do so. I am trying to upgrade from a BB Torch to a Z10.

Retired
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Installing BB Link kills my internet connectivity

Hey brookesa,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest removing BlackBerry Link and then re-install it by going to www.blackberry.com/desktop and then restart the computer.  Also disable any security software for a minutes just to test the BlackBerry Link software.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Visitor
foppa21

[ Edited ]

Same problem here.   BB Link connects to my Z10, but I instantly lose network conenctivity (internet and home LAN), which is preventing me from syncing with my LAN-based music library.   If I restore my network connectivity, then BB Link can no longer connect to my Z10.

New Contributor
brookesa

Dear ViciousFerret,

The software I installed was at http://us.blackberry.com/software/desktop/blackberry-link.html, not at the URL you specified in your message. My URL wold seem to be the correct one for the BlackBerry Link software however, unless I am mistaken.

After installing the software and losing all internet connectivity, the only solution I could think of was to use system restore to restore my workstation to the pre-BBLink configuration. Normal internet connectivity was then restored and BBLink software had disappeared from my Start menu, etc.

I then installed the software again (the installation went smoothly and no errors were reported) but once again my internet connectivity died immdiately and I couldn't access the internet, email nor even get past page 2 of BBLink (which requires an internet connection).

I tried disabling the firewall and also the anti-virus, to no avail.

I noticed that BBLink seems to install a new network/VPN connection. I am certainly no expert on such matters, but could this have broken my DNS?

Kind regards,

Tony ...

james_k
My Device: 9900

I am also experiencing the same issue with a user on our network.

Link is installed on Windows XP SP3 without errors but browsers can no longer access the internet.

DNS is working and I can ping external websites.

If I disable the Blackberry Virtual Private Network connection then the issue is resolved and I can browser websites but once I re-enable the connection the issue appears again.

New Contributor
Annick9

Hello - I have the same problem and don't seem to be able to resolve it.  Can anyone please help?  TIA

New Contributor
Annick9

Could you please address the issue?

It has not gone away!

Retired
SmoothRider
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Hello Annick9

At this point I would suggest you contact your mobile service provider and ask that your issues be escalated to BlackBerry support for in depth investigation and analysis.

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
Annick9

Okkkk 

acbibby80
My Device: Q10

I am having the same problem. Was there ever any resolution to this problem? Is it only on XP?