Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
virtue
My Device: 9930
Accepted Solution

Is there any RIM rep. in here? Did they notice what's happening? I can't move data from Z10 to Q10

Is there any of RIM representative here???
I know this is a common issue, I see many members from forums, here, crackberry, and many others experiencing problems with BlackBerry Link.
1. I can't switch device from Z10 to Q10, 1st it says my Q10 has old software, I have updated to the latest, now it says please make sure my device is connected and retry, I press retry and always failed to detect (for restore data from Z10 backup to Q10) other than that, it can detect my Q10.
2. To restore data from backup you have to sign in to BlackBerry ID first and it makes your BBM contact transferred without the others, contact, SMS, calendar, notes, alarms, settings, etc. I'm thinking of moving back to Z10 and afterwards all my open chats in Z10 just disappear, I still have importants chat containing appointments, addresses, price negotiation, hotel reservations, argh this is frustrating because every time I wanted to restore to new device it will ask to sign in again, and how is it going to decide which is my valid PIN on the other side of my BBM's contact if I keep switching device like this back and forth..

Why can't it be like the old days of OS 4, 5, 6, 7 and 7.1?
Where we can make full or partial backups and restore it to any device and any OS?
Didn't you make a proper test and research before releasing OS10 and BlackBerry Link on the market? (This question goes to RIM's rep. where ever you are)
If you wanna make all of your customers run away because your and software have issues, you've made it :smileyvery-happy:

This is my last bad experience with BlackBerry prior to OS10
Laughable poor camera on 9900 I can't take photos of receipts and documents, and I have to charge 3 times a day (this is supposed to be a "mobile" phones? I always ended up with dead battery when I'm mobile, and I have to stuck on charger for hours waiting to charge)
And now this .... Come on RIM do something please we really like your device...

Devices I like the most are 9700 and 9780, except for desktop manager that is not backing up auto text. Great camera, great battery life.

Btw I have use the latest release of Link but still can't restore data.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.3.1.2072), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: Is there any RIM rep. in here? Did they notice what's happening? I can't move data from Z10 to Q10

[ Edited ]

Hello,

virtue wrote:
Is there any of RIM representative here???

Note the banner at the top of most all pages on this site:

BSCF User Comm.JPG

This site is not a channel for any formal communication with, escalations to, nor formal support from BlackBerry for any purpose whatsoever.

virtue wrote:

Why can't it be like the old days of OS 4, 5, 6, 7 and 7.1?

Because BB10 was not an evolution from BBOS...it is completely new, and sadly they did not take all of the prior design considerations and use them when they created BB10 and it's associated toolsets.

virtue wrote:

Where we can make full or partial backups and restore it to any device and any OS?

That functionality, while requested by many, has not been implemented. There is no way for anyone here to know if/when it will ever be so.

It seems like the rest of your post was mostly commentary or directed at audiences not in this public user-to-user community, so I'll just leave those alone.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code