Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Link 1.1.1 (13) for Mac - WiFi Breaks USB Link

[ Edited ]

I am struggling to integrate the BlackBerry Q10 (my second device for my second try) into my Apple ecosystem. I am willing and ready to give up the iPhone for the Q10, but I won't if I can't get past this issue. I have been having a heck of a time getting the Q10 to mount and connect with Link on my iMac running Mountain Lion 10.8.4. When I plug in the Q10 to the iMac, BlackBerry Link starts up (as expected) and, after a lengthy delay, shows the Q10 as connected. However, that's not entirely true... the Q10 has not mounted as multiple drives on the desktop. Furthermore, if I select some music (for example) to sync with the Q10, Link pretends like it's doing something, albeit very slowly, and finishes the "sync". However, in reality there is nothing on the Q10 as a result.

The strange this is this: if I disable WiFi on the Q10, close Link on the iMac, and then reconnect the Q10, Link starts up (as expected) and then after a much shorter delay, the Q10 connects with Link and it mounts as multiple drives on the desktop. Everything works exactly as expected at that point, including syncing music to the Q10. If I shut down Link, disconnect the Q10, re-enable WiFi on the Q10, and reconnect the Q10 to the iMac, Link connection and sync fails.

So, the short version is this:

• WiFi on the Q10 on: Link can see the Q10 but will not mount the Q10 as drives and will not sync with the Q10.
  • WiFi on the Q10 off: Link can see the Q10 and will mount the Q10 as drives and will sync with the Q10.

Sigh. Anyone out there have any idea what in the heck is going on?

Re: Link 1.1.1 (13) for Mac - WiFi Breaks USB Link

To provide a bit more detail:

• I had uninstalled and re-installed BlackBerry Link several times.
  • I had removed every last trace of BlackBerry Link from my system as best as I could before re-installing.
  • I tried different USB ports on the iMac.
  • I tried changing the Q10 connection type from Automatic to Mac.
  • I tried with and without a media card inserted in the Q10.
  • The iMac Firewall was not enabled.
  • I had rebooted the iMac several times.
  • I tried a different USB cable.

I'm not sure what else I can do to make this work.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

I have exactly the same issues on a Macbook Pro running Lion (10.7.5). 

When I first got the phone a few days ago I synced it with the Mac and it worked perfectly. Since then I have been unable to get Blackberry Link to recognise the device. Also when I sign out of Link and sign back in it tells me that there are no Blackberry 10 devices associate with my Blackberry ID. This is obviously ridiculous as my Q10 is logged into BBM, Blackberry Protect etc.

I have done all the things you list. I have now run out of ideas. The only thing left is to restore the Q10 to factory defaults, BUT I am unwilling to do this as it will cost me hours.

I had swapped my iPhone 4S for a Q10 but if I have much more hassle with this then I will be getting a iPhone 5.  It is a shame because I do like most of the features of the Q10. I need a work horse and it seems to satisfy most of my requirements. This one niggle is blighting an otherwise good phone.

Highlighted
Contributor

Good luck. I gave up as no one out there was able to offer any help that worked. It speaks volumes to me that no one (other than yourself) has even bothered to try and help here in BlackBerry's official support forums. It seems that nothing has changed except the comany's name, and that is truly disappointing.

Perhaps things will improve at some point in the future, but I no longer hold my breath while waiting.