Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

Contributor
MaKo7
My Device: Q10

Link 1.1.1: Error syncing Outlook contacts with Q10

•  I configure the Contacts and Calendar settings for my Outlook account in Link (actually leave them at default)
  • If I choose to synchronize contacts only, e. g. if I check the checkbox at Contact and clear that one at Calendar, all goes well
  • If I choose to sync Calendar or both, I get the following error:

CPreferenceManager: Configuration Value for /Preferences/Account_9_589826/DevicePin not set in TransConfig.xml for translator RimBB

I looked into that file and found nothing like DevicePin in it at all...

Any help will be very appreciated.

Thanks, MaKo

Regular Contributor
dwaynea
My Device: Q10 & PB 64GB

Re: Link 1.1.1: Error syncing Outlook contacts with Q10

MaKo7 wrote:
  •  I configure the Contacts and Calendar settings for my Outlook account in Link (actually leave them at default)
  • If I choose to synchronize contacts only, e. g. if I check the checkbox at Contact and clear that one at Calendar, all goes well
  • If I choose to sync Calendar or both, I get the following error:

CPreferenceManager: Configuration Value for /Preferences/Account_9_589826/DevicePin not set in TransConfig.xml for translator RimBB

Mako, what I've learned is that Link doesn't like changes to the sync config after the fact.  To get things to work properly I did a Reset Settings, then configured both Contacts and Calendar.  Then Sync Contacts/Calendar worked.  Don't make any changes to the check boxes or Configure links after doing a sync.

Contributor
XBetadogX
My Device: z10

[ Edited ]

tried that still got same error. any other ideas? PS my z10 errors the same account # diffrent.

New Contributor
eric-larmett
My Device: Z10

Any other ideas?  Got exactly the same problem on my Z10.

Contributor
DrHo
My Device: Q 10

exactly the same with me - is there nobody responsible at RIM/Blackberry?

DrHo/Berlin