Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Link

New Contributor
IanHetherington
My Device: Z10

Link Crashes when loading itunes Library

Hi

I am trying to get Link up and running. I will try to summarise to get rid of the obvious questions.

It installs no problem, i can add the device and select iTunes as my library.

the majority of my itunes library is on a flash drive (which i make sure is always in before machine boots up. If you open itunes all is there and plays fine.

When Link opens it hangs for a couple of minutes and i leave it alone as it is a big library to load. It then opens but windows says that it has crashed, it tends to load between 8,000 and 35,000 songs. But for the life of me I cannot get it to load the lot properly.

I have re-installed, rebooted and tried again. I have backed up the itunes library and tried again with a smaller library locally held and it is fine. Can anyone help?

Please use plain text.
BlackBerry Technical Advisor (Retired)
ViciousFerret
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Link Crashes when loading itunes Library

[ Edited ]

Hey IanHetherington,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

To get the resolution of this issue, I am going to need to get some BlackBerry Link log files.  Please contact your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry so a ticket can be created so the log files can be reviewed.

I appreciate your patience.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
IanHetherington
My Device: Z10

Re: Link Crashes when loading itunes Library

Hi 

Thanks for the reply.

I have just got a handset for a couple of weeks to evaluate using a BlackBerry so to be honest I dont want to really go through the pain of changing then changing back.

I have managed to get it working but have had to use another PC, I think the issue may be OS based as the other PC was Vista Ultamite but on win7 it seems to be fine (well it got 3419 out of 34253 anyway)

So I think this can probably be closed.

Please use plain text.